Chapter 1 --Safeness Under the Woodwards

"Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound"

-Taylor Swift- "Safe and Sound"

-----------------oOo---------------------------

HAILEY BLACKBURN and the KINGDOM OF WAGIAN

CHAPTER 1- Safeness Under the Woodwards

"They sent out a mayday! What we're going to do Sir?" I heard a man's voice from the living room of our house as I sneaked out of my room. I saw many men in the living room. They all had big muscular bodies. They were wearing green suits and big boots made of leathers. The others were wearing General's attire.

They were all quite busy, and kept on moving from one place to another that I couldn't even distinguish their faces. They all seemed in quite of a rush.

I saw Dad talking to a man in a custom ceremonial uniform. I couldn't hear what they're talking about since the atmosphere is quite noisy. I went back in my room before they could see me here sneaking up on them. I was really bored. I was alone here in my room and I had no one else to hang out with.

I'm 15 and normally, I want to go out and have some fun with who ever I meet along the way. But, my

parents don't allow me to get out of the house. They say that it's dangerous. Well, I don't even have any idea what was really the truth behind the things happening outside. All I can see through my window are aircrafts. I constantly see men in uniforms entering our mansion and making their own business with my Dad.

Mom's always telling me to stay in my room, it's because, according to her, I'm safe here.

"Mom, what's going on in the living room?" I asked Mom as she entered my room, maybe to accompany me.

"If I tell you, will you able to understand?" She asked me. She actually thinks I'm still too young to know these things.

"I'll try, Mom. I'll try to understand. I don't want ignorance to be my best friend." I answered. Yes, I don't want to be ignorant to anything that's happening outside.

"It's the Cold War, darling. You may not know the meaning of it, but we're at the time where wars, riots, and military rivalries exist. That's why I'm telling you, always, that it's very dangerous outside." She answered. I still wasn't able to understand the whole thing what my Mom said but I got the point.

"But, we're safe, aren't we?" I asked Mom even though she already told me like a hundred times that 'we're safe'.

"Yes, dear. You should be confident enough that under our roof and your dad's care, we're safe and cannot be harmed." Mom said as she combed my hair with her fingers.

How lucky I am? I know there are a lot of people who get hurt, and many structures destroyed outside. But me, I just sit here and relax in my own room like everything seems in order and peace. If I weren't Helen Woodward, I may have been dead in just a short time. I'm fortunate that I'm the one who have been adopted by the Woodwards.

I was inside the house for more or less a month, but I'm glad that I survived the boredom instead of surviving in the war. I don't have a lot of things to do to spend my time, except when I make time to talk to the maids about random things. But, I also got bored when I talk to them because they're also busy doing the household chores and serving the visitors, callers and those men that are making their businesses with my Dad. I can't talk to the people coming into the house either, I've got no business dealing with them and their big bodies scared me a lot.