Chapter One (revised)

I changed the story to a first-person point of view. The story is from Elsa's eyes. :)

My life just started...and I'm twenty-one years old. No longer despised and filled with self-hatred, I can finally be the Queen my parents raised me to be. Reunited with my sister Anna and accepted by the kingdom, I should walk with a light heart; a heart made of love instead of ice. Yet here I am. I want to lock myself in my room and hide. The better my life becomes, the more horrific my past seems. 

"What happened?" My younger sister Anna races to my side as soon as I enter the hall. I can sense her relief that I didn't freak out in the council meeting. She would never admit it, but I know a small, subconscious part of her will always view me as a threat. Just a few days ago I froze her heart and killed her; unintentional or not. 

"Uh," I try to smile but my back becomes stiff. I step back, unaccustomed to Anna's closeness. "It went well. I am officially the Queen." Except I don't look like a queen. Instead of having my hair piled tightly on my head, my platinum-blonde hair trails down the arch of my neck in a loose braid. Instead of wearing the traditional dark colors of royalty, I am wearing a dress of my creation. A blue dress styled with a heart-shaped corset, light blue long sleeves, heels, and a long dainty cape that floats behind me. Made of ice.  

I drift away from my thoughts. Anna is talking to me. I shouldn't shut her out...again.

"So?" Anna grabs my hand.

Her hand is hot. I stare at my sister. She was frozen. She was gone. It was my fault. "Everything is okay," I whisper. "It's over. He can't hurt us anymore."

At the mention of Hans, Anna's face becomes red in anger. She removes her hand, her fingers curling into a fist. I remember when she punched Hans. It was right after he tried to kill me... after I had frozen both the kingdom and my sister's soul. 

"I'm sending Hans back to the Southern Isles," I reassure Anna before she can run down to the dungeons and bruise Hans until he bleeds. "His twelve brothers will decide his fate. He will be escorted to the docks tomorrow. He is banished."

I will never forget the sound of Hans unsheathing his sword. The crackling of the ice as Anna turned into solid ice. The silence as the storm paused. That was when I realized Anna had sacrificed herself for me. Someone loved me. And then my life began. 

"Elsa," Anna's worried voice brings me back to the moment. 

Ice forms at my fingertips. It is snowing in the hallway. Suddenly Anna wraps me in a hug. I feel myself begin to thaw. I smile and squeeze her hand. "Thank you."

Anna's eyes grow wide. "Can I-can I sleep with you tonight?" Her voice, usually loud and energetic, becomes shy. "Just until Hans is shipped off tomorrow." 

"What if I accidentally hurt you? I am still not completely in control of my powers..."

"You would never hurt me," Anna answers fiercely. Her shyness gone as quickly as it came, she drags me towards my chambers.

But I did, I think. I did hurt you.

Don't worry! The smut is coming :)

What did you think of the revised chapter one?