You don't know love unless you fall in love.

02/09/2024
Monday

Love doesn't exist. It never did. I wish people understood that. It's just an illusion that fuels the delusion. If delusion keeps you happy, stay happy but don't expect that in real life. The thought of love reckons me and I have always come to this conclusion that love never existed. It's just people and their expectations which lead to this fictional world of movies and stories.

"Did you eat?" Moosa hops beside me as I walk in the corridor. It was our first quarterly exam today. I haven't been to school since that day. It dreaded me but Moosa had come to meet me when he knew that Mom wasn't home once. I shushed him out. He and I just can't be under one roof. "Yeah." I wouldn't question him if he did his breakfast. Why would I? This would increase his belief that I feel any kinds of emotions for him.

I breathed nervously as we walked towards our class. It is the first day I came here after that dreadful day. My eyes staring up in the way and in the guide I was studying with. I constantly think about the outcome. "There's so much I need to revise." I spoke.

"Relax!" He said. "You know there's so much I need to study than revise."

"Moosa, we have an exam in fifteen minutes."

"It's okay… it's just exams."

"Exams are not that easy going."

"Imagine you are old," I gazed at him. "You probably can't walk. You just sit and think about all the possibilities of you walking but you still can't walk."

I didn't understand. "So?"

"Isn't it a waste of time? To ponder over something you can't do?"

We stare at each other and I hit him in his shoulder. "You are supposed to motivate me!" He laughed. "Okay… the thing is you will think about all these days and it wouldn't really matter, Tani." He was right. I would not have cared if my mother wouldn't have forced me to study this.

"These are the days we must live for us to survive when we are old."

I have to survive these days to exist when I am old. I suppressed myself from saying that because like I said earlier he wouldn't understand. He is too naïve for it.

Now that I realize my days were passing just like this and I wasn't really living. I had stopped walking. "It's sometimes fun to fail exams…" He had no idea how much it mattered to me. Exams were like my trial in a high court where I was the criminal for nothing. He was loved. What would he understand?