Chapter 30: Good Luck

Cassandra

She couldn't believe she was here right now. She looked herself in the mirror. Her dress was beautiful, the white off the shoulder minidress clung beautifully to her frame, showcasing her curves. Her eyes went over the lacy detail as a shaky breath escaped her lips.

As her eyes looked back into the mirror, it blurred as her tears began to fall down her eyes

As her eyes looked back into the mirror, it blurred as her tears began to fall down her eyes. Her trembling hand lifted to dab the tears away.

"You look beautiful."

She jumped at the deep voice as she turned around. Her body involuntarily shook as she stared back at Jerrod. His eyes roamed over her, lingering on her straightened her that sat over her shoulders.

"Your hair got longer." He commented as he started to walk towards her.

Subconsciously she took a step back. Jerrod stopped immediately, his gaze hardening as his lips pushed into a thin line. Cassie held her breath as he placed his hands in his pockets.

"What did I say about backing away from me?" He asked sharply.

"I'm sorry." Cassie quickly apologized. She wasn't thinking, she knew how much he hated when she did that.

He watched her closely, still not moving. After a tense few minutes he finally spoke.

"Come to me."

She didn't even hesitate, she knew what hesitating would get her. Her feet moved and as she got closer to him, the harder her heart began to beat.

"Good kitten." He said with a slight smirk once she was in front of him.

His arm wrapped around her waist and he pulled her into him. She kept her eyes on his chest, she didn't want to do anything to cause him to hurt her. Sure, there was a lot of people downstairs, but that wouldn't stop him from placing a bruise some where on her body.

"Stop shaking."

She took in a deep breath, exhaling slowly and willing herself to be still. After a few tries, she finally stopped shaking. His hand snuck under her chin, lifting her gaze to his.

"You're going to smile tonight. Tell everyone how excited you are to become my wife. If asked how I proposed, tell them I tell the story best. Am I clear?" He asked locking his eyes with hers.

She nodded quickly, she could see it in his eyes. He was warning her. She wasn't to give any signs of this not being what she wanted. She knew his threats well and she knew if she disobeyed, it would not pan out well for her by the end of the night.

He smiled, satisfied with her obedience. He placed a lingering kiss to her cheek, then her jaw, then her exposed neck, before placing a kiss to her lips. Cassie's stomach dropped as his tongue pushed at her lips, she opened, knowing better than to deny him.

He released a breath as his hand wrapped behind her head, keeping her in place as he kissed her hard, almost like a punishment. He pulled away roughly, still holding onto her head. His other hand lifted, wiping the smeared lipstick from her mouth.