𝐈𝐗 • 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

IT WAS A FEW WEEKS AFTER THE whole Stoll-brothers-drama and Dahlia still didn't have her necklace back

whole Stoll-brothers-drama and Dahlia still didn't have her necklace back. Her anger towards Travis and Connor grew and so was also the seduction of telling on them.

She could sense how nervous the brothers were whenever they crossed paths, and she enjoyed adding to their anxiety by giving them life-threatening looks.
Travis and Connor were so afraid of her snitching on Mr. D or Chiron that the Demeter girl decided to use that against them and make them do chores for her. She enjoyed how they tried to avoid her as much as possible, and the power she felt when she somehow had them under control. It was something no one had ever managed to do, and her siblings constantly asked her about it. She refused to say anything to them and just blamed it on her charm.

Besides that, it was the end of August, so Dahlia would be going back to school in a few days for her senior year of high school. The last few years before the satyr Sonee had found her, Dahlia had spent her junior year of school with her aunt.

The woman had found her niece after a drunken phone call from Dahlia's father. Before, she didn't even know the girl existed.
Bethany took Dahlia in without hesitation and helped her get through school. It was easy for Dahlia to forge a school report and tell the woman about the summer camp she attended every year since she was 15 without telling her that Greek mythology was real and she was half immortal.

It made it easier for Dahlia to be treated like a real person for the first time in her life and not have any expectations of her or someone be disappointed that she even existed.

So after the summer, she went back to New York and lived with the extended family she didn't even know she had, who embraced her and gave her the love she had always wanted. They were truly overwhelming at times, but Dahlia quickly found a special place for them in her heart.

"Dahlia, your shoe is on fire!" Meg hissed beside her, startling Dahlia.

"What?!" she almost screamed, but then she saw that her shoes were just fine.

"Just a joke! You were zooming out again. You missed my great conversation about Ben and his divine hair." She said and then waited for a reaction from Dahlia. The girl, who would normally have laughed, just gave her a tired smile.
Meg looked at her worriedly.