• 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 •

THE SOUND OF SWORDS CLASHING  together, filled Dahlia's ear

THE SOUND OF SWORDS CLASHING together, filled Dahlia's ear. Sweat ran down her forehead from the hot sun shining into the arena. Focused, she stared into Clarisse la Rue's eyes, trying to figure out what move the brunette was going to do next.
Clarisse's attacks were quick and tactical, the blonde girl gasped to the side as she dodged the blade of the sword.

Her arms were weak and exhausted when she raised her weapon again to meet Clarisse's blade. Clarisse took a quick step forward and attacked Dahlia from the side. The girl barely reacted fast enough and stumbled backwards a few steps.

She quickly regained her balance, but the brunette wasted no time in attacking her right after.
Clarisse swung her body forward, but suddenly was prevented from doing so when her feet felt like they were glued to the ground.
She looked down and found the body of a plant wrapped around her ankle.

Before Clarisse knew it, Dahlia took her chance and slyly attacked her. She darted around Clarisse's sides and with the brunette being restricted in her movement, she was quickly disarmed by the blonde.

„You cheated!" Clarisse said in shock, looking again to the plants at her feet and tried to get rid of them. She used her whole power to move her body, when suddenly her ankles got released, which had the impact, that she lost her balance. The brunette fell backwards to the ground and stared at Dahlia annoyed.

„I didn't do anything. Seems like you got trapped in some roots for me!" the blonde smiled mischievously.
She stretched out her arm to help Clarisse, who accepted her gesture and allowed herself to be pulled up.
The girls grinned at each other as the few cabin members around them cheered.

"Well that was hardly fair. I would have smashed you like a bug!" Clarisse winked at her with a mischievous smile.

She was the daughter of Ares, god of war, of course Dahlia would hardly have stood a chance against her. But Clarisse didn't need to know that.

"Keep telling yourself that!" Dahlia replied boldly.
The two girls had been friends since the day Clarisse had arrived at camp Half-Blood. It was rather unusual for children of Demeter and children of Ares to get along so well.
However, many of Cabin 4 campers were very good fighters, which goes undetected by many people. The fact that Cabin 4 and Cabin 5 now had surprisingly much to do with each other was entirely down to Dahlia and Clarisse's relationship.

"When did you learn that?" Clarisse then asked, pointing to the plants that were now lying uselessly on the ground.

"Just a few tricks I've picked up. Nothing special." said the blonde.

"Impressive, Green." said a voice behind the girl. She turned around and spotted Luke Castellan. Surprised by his compliment, she nodded at him.

"Thank you Castellan." she gave him a slight smile and turned back to Clarisse.

"Round 3?" she asked and the brunette girl grinned slyly at her.

"Why don't you try a round against Luke?" she then asked, raising an eyebrow. The grin melted off Dahlia's face.

She wanted to wring Clarisse's neck at that moment. The Ares-Girl knew for a fact that Dahlia would embarrass herself at this. After all, Luke was the best swordsman in the whole camp.

"Without any sneaky tricks, of course!" Clarisse added.

"I don't think this would be a fair fight-.." Dahlia tried to talk herself out, but Luke interrupted her.

"Why? Don't tell me you're
scared!" Luke chuckled, as he walked up to the small pile of swords and grabbed one of them.
Dahlia couldn't help but feel provoked by his pomposity.

"I bet a drachma, she won't last a
minute." some random kid from Cabin 11 said. Dahlia looked annoyed at Clarisse before raising her sword at the Hermes boy.

"Alright! Bring it on, Castellan."