PART 21: EVERYTHING'S GOING TO BE ALRIGHT

AMELIA'S POV

I heard shouting from downstairs but I had to listen to what Chris told me and that was stay upstairs. Suddenly, I heard a gunshot downstairs and it was very loud as I just screamed wanting to go downstairs to see what happened. Just then I remembered, Chris had locked the door when I went upstairs just in case so there's nowhere to go. All I was worried about was him if anything happened to him it would be all my fault and I wouldn't want that.

Then I heard someone walking up the stairs making the way to the door since it's locked, that person forcefully opens the door only to see it was Cole. I had shivers down my spine and felt very uneased and uncomfortable, I then shifted to the other side of the room away from him. I just felt so afraid and scared what he might do to me.

"Where is Chris! What did you do to him!" I shout with anger and pain in my voice

"Well, his gone now so you are going to come downstairs and get in the car now." Cole demands approaching me

"Get the hell away from me!" I shout pushing him off of me

I then hear sirens outside knowing someone must have called the police as Cole immediately seemed shocked and he then grabbed me and wanted to take me out by the window. I pushed him off of me trying to let go of his hand but he was much stronger than me so I couldn't but eventually, I managed to escape.

I ran downstairs as three of the officers stood there assisting Chris as I told them he was upstairs. The two officer's immediately ran upstairs towards the bedroom. I just started to cry as I saw Chris covered in blood as medics rushed and took him in the ambulance truck. The officers said that there was nobody upstairs and he probably escaped. I just couldn't shake the feeling that he could still be out there somewhere.

I know that he could have barely made it that far since he was also beaten up badly. When we walked out of the house, I saw Cole trying to make a run for it over the road as two officers ran and stopped him. He could barely make it to the other side as they pin him down and arrest him, I felt relieved that his gone locked up for good. All I could think about now was Chris and nothing else as we went to the hospital as I waited for him outside for the doctors to tell me his situation.

The doctors and nurses was all busy helping him as I just stood there through the glass as I just started sobbing knowing this is all my fault. If I told him, things would have been different he would have protected me no matter what. All of this is because of me if only that happened this wouldn't have happened but I didn't tell him that's the worst part.

Cole was so much different when we first met he was nice and kind but never told me anything about his past since whenever I brought it up, it was a big situation for him it was like he would get mad just having the thought of it. That made me suspicious and worried because how can I be with someone that I barely know about? I mean like his family and siblings everything. Then when I had the crash, I didn't know anything he was there for me when I was scared, afraid because I had lost my memory and he helped me but he just changed. I don't know if he was always like this or what but when he heard about Chris probably he knew he was a mafia and they had some business going on.

I don't know what would happen know if Chris is okay and his feeling better maybe we'll leave to go somewhere else move away maybe or something. I still couldn't get that feeling out of my head I'm still traumatized what happened over the past few months. It was like I was having memories of my brother again going through the same trauma again.

The same memories were coming back to me what happened to my brother years ago and it still haunts me to this very day. Thinking that I could change things but I knew he never meant anything he said when he was still in his mental state.

I know Chris cares about me...probably too much in fact I know that but when we have a conversation about this topic he always wants to reject it and refuse to accept it. One day I might not be there I'm just saying, he needs to love him also yes he does but he doesn't understand Chris needs to stop caring about me so much because what about him? You can't love someone more than yourself if you don't love yourself but I guess that he never got that during his childhood.

I quickly get back into reality as I saw the doctor approach me Dr. Lawshire he is a well-known doctor and very good at his job. Chris and I have known him for quite some time he used to help us with many things.

"Mrs. Brooks I wanted to give you updates and information about Chris...well I'm just going to get straight to the point...his badly injured but he survived. His lost also a lot of blood which was a going to be a big problem but we managed to solve it. Don't worry his going to be okay just take care of him and give him his medicine. I'll give you the rest of the documents to sign and prescriptions he needs to take. Chris can be discharge by early morning tomorrow." the doctor says giving me the documents as he smiles and walks away

I immediately run towards the entrance door as I enter the room walking towards him as he awoke from his sleep.

"Amelia...are you okay?" Chris said coughing as he looks at me