CHAPTER III

I felt the gentle touch of the sunlight, prompting me to rise. I expected to wake up in the room we cleaned yesterday together with my two best friend Hannah and Clyde Angela. I was so exhausted, as if I had traveled a long distance in the dream. What's the point of going to Ilocos? It's like we came here just to sleep.

"Are my eyes playing tricks on me?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. It's like whatever dream I had yesterday is happening again.

"Am I still dreaming again? This dream feels unusually long. Hmmm" What I remember is the dream I had last night, and the location remains the same. I was inside a canopy bed with mosquito netting all around. There was a chandelier illuminating the entire room, and on the left side of the wall were paintings, while mirrors adorned the other side. The house was beautiful, with its simple brown color, yet it exuded elegance.

I suddenly remembered something Hannah said about a time travel thingy, so I immediately sat up and went to the mirror. Oh my gosh! It's real, and this isn't me! I even pinched my face, expecting the mask to come off and reveal my real gorgeous face.

"WAAAAAAAH!!!! WAIT, WHERE AM I? THIS ISN'T A DREAM! WHERE'S HANNAH, THIS IS REAL!" I knew that only Hannah could answer these questions, so I suddenly shouted out of panic.

The door suddenly opened, startling me with its force. This feeling was so familiar to me.

"WHO ARE YOU?! DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!" I grabbed the old hairbrush and pointed it at him, making him to step back.

"COME ANY CLOSER AND I'LL END YOUR LIFE!" I threatened, but he seemed puzzled by the situation. What on earth is happening?! CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!

"MARGARITA." We both turned to the one calling me, it's Hannah my savior!

"Hey Hannah! What's happening?! You're really going all out with this prank!" I shouted. She's been pranking me since last night.

"Binibining ("young lady" or "miss") Clemencia, how is my child?" Why is he calling Hannah Binibining Clemencia? And why is she dressed like a Filipina? Is this some sort of theater play performance? Like, do we all need to be in costume?

"To be honest, your child's condition is serious... We found traces of blood at the back of her head when we found her at the riverbank, so my theory is she hit her head really hard and can't remember anything..." Hannah explained, while I listened, still unable to process what's happening.

All I remember is someone grabbing my hand at first and then I slipped through the mirror because I had no choice. So, did I really go into the mirror?!

"My second theory is that your child isn't used to gunshots, so the sudden noise caused them to react like that." She added, meaning trauma or phobia? Is what she's saying true? What kind of theories are those? They're so surface level. Clearly not believable.

"If that's the case, what should I do? I never imagined that moving here to Binan would put my child in danger." Am I the child she's referring to? Am I her child? I looked at him from head to toe, quite far! What if I'm just adopted, I mean, the girl in my body, I mean, me. It's driving me crazy!

"Don Felipe, let me handle this. I'll do everything to help them remember you. For now, you need to keep your child away from harm." Hannah suggested, am I in danger? why?

"Gracias, Binibini. Por favor...accompany my child to their mother and go there, it's too dangerous here, I'm sure my child will be safer there, I'll take care of things here, just let my esposa (wife) know what happened." He said and left, followed by the women trailing behind him, leaving only me and Hannah. I quickly closed the door and faced Hannah. She looked at me from head to toe.