Can We Talk?

*Sooooooo sorry for the delay! I was having a little bit of writer's block mixed with randomly getting sick and it was just all downhill from there lol But I pushed through to get this out to y'all! It's a shorter chappie but I'm working on the next one as we speak! Thank you for your patience! Love y'all 🫶🏼😘 -Rae *

+Phoenix+

His warm, soft lips traveled from my shoulder to my neck, to just below my chin, leaving an invisible line across my skin. I tingled in every place they touched me as he moved from one spot to another, teasing me and testing my resolve. He sat at the edge of his king sized bed, littering my chest in hot, wet kisses as his heavy hands firmly grasped my waist like he was scared to let me go. Like he thought I would vanish into thin air if he did. Pulling me closer to him as he lifted his head, he stared into my eyes with such raw desire, I could hardly keep eye contact. I'd never felt this wanted, this yearned for in my life... but the doubt clouding my mind still questioned if it was genuine. He'd just fucked someone else days before. Had he looked at her then the same way he was looking at me now?

"Tell me what's wrong, babygirl," his deep voice rasped, making the same request he'd made several times before, yet again.

So far, I'd managed to hold it in. To push away my hurt feelings and deny him the opportunity to pull me back into delusion. I didn't want to make another fool of myself, believing we could have something real. Confusing his lust with actual feelings for me. He just wanted sex. Another meaningless night of passion and fun and no-strings-attached pleasure. After what he'd done to me in the back of his limo, I had every stupid inclination to give it to him. But I wouldn't be stupid enough to give him access to my heart. Not again.

"Nothing," I answered, shaking my head as I stared back at him and tried to convey nonchalance. He smirked, his gaze dropping to my lips before he spoke.

"You like being punished, don't you?" he questioned. I felt his hands slowly migrate toward the zipper of my dress as he awaited my reply, sending tingles to all my nearby nerve endings.

"Depends on the punishment," I replied, tracking his movements as his fingers pulled at the tiny piece of metal that kept me clothed. The skintight fabric around me grew noticeably looser, falling past my shoulders and unleashing my curves as it fell to the floor.

"Fuck's sake, Phoenix," he blurted as his wide eyes raked over me.

I'd originally planned to take Damien's advice and reward Tyson with a night to remember. Not just with my mouth as suggested, but with a meticulously planned series of toe-curling, soul-snatching activities. It only made sense that I would also dress for the occasion and ecstatic to make another sale, Taj happily pointed me toward his selection of undergarments. He'd actually handpicked the skimpy, black ensemble I currently wore but unfortunately, I no longer felt Tyson deserved the night I'd planned for him or the crotch-less one-piece I had on. I honestly wanted to take it off but I knew he'd end up enjoying that which still felt too much like a reward. As his gaze hungrily traveled over my body, taking visual inventory of every inch of me, I inwardly scoffed at the realization that he'd still be rewarded either way.

"What?" I questioned, pretending not to know the effect I was having on him as I took a step back to kick the dress away from my feet. The action pulled me away from his grasp, unintentionally giving him a better view and if it wasn't the look in his eyes, the growing bulge in his pants was a dead giveaway of just how effective I'd been.

"I just assumed you weren't wearing any panties when I... Baby, why didn't you say something?" he spoke, interrupting one thought with another in his haste to make sense of what he was seeing. I shrugged, looking down at myself and back up at him without a word. I'd rather be silent than explain my now cancelled plans of rocking his world. I'd be forced to oblige his repeated request and I just couldn't give him the satisfaction. I wouldn't.