CHAPTER 16

ABHIMANYU'S POV

ABHIMANYU'S POV

As I walked through the main door, the air was thick with anticipation. Maasa’s eyes met mine, a silent conversation passing between us before she even spoke "abhímanyu I want to talk to you about something, come to my room"she said and went towards her chamber and I followed her.

The atmosphere in the room was charged with a mix of tension and unspoken words as I stepped inside. Maasa's expression was serious, yet there was a softness in her eyes that only a mother's love could reflect. Babasa stood by, his presence like a silent sentinel.

"Sit with me, beta," Maasa beckoned, her voice steady but gentle. As I settled beside her, she laid her hand on my head—a gesture that always brought comfort, no matter the situation. "Beta, what happened to Siya was unjust," she said, her tone laced with empathy. "But it doesn't mean you should accuse that innocent girl without any proof."

I felt a pang of guilt, knowing the truth that lay heavy on my heart. "I understand, Maa," I replied, my voice a mere murmur. "She’s here under my protection.” The words ‘my little moon’ echoed in my mind, a private term of endearment that I couldn’t voice out loud.

Maasa's gaze held mine, searching for reassurance. "What's your plan?" she asked, concern etching her features.

"I'll have the case reinvestigated," I promised, the words tasting of false hope. The truth was a luxury I couldn't afford to share, not yet.

Her hand ruffled my hair, and I couldn't help but protest. "Maaa, you know I hate it when someone touches my hair," I said, trying to sound annoyed, but a chuckle escaped me instead.

Babasa's stern look didn't escape my notice. To tease him, I leaned forward and kissed Maasa's cheek, then her forehead. That was all it took for Babasa to lose his composure.

"Jaann, you called him here to make him understand, didn't you? Now send him away before he starts clinging to my wife again, the shameless one," Babasa grumbled, his voice a mix of feigned annoyance and underlying affection.

I couldn't resist the opportunity to rile him up further. "Oh, hello, Mr. She is my mother too," I shot back with a grin.

"Agar meri biwi nhi hoti toh Teri maa bhi nahi ban pati , you ehsaan faramosh?" Babasa retorted, his words sharp but his eyes twinkling with humor.

Maasa chimed in, hitting Babasa lightly on the chest. "Maan, you've become so shameless. Be mindful of who you're speaking to," she scolded, though her lips curved in a smile.

Babasa laughed. "Well, my wife you are right , I'm shameless and became more but just for you. Besides, our son is grown up. He must have read those chapters by now, so of course, he knows the process well, right, son?" he teased, a mischievous glint in his eye.

I feigned confusion, playing the innocent card. "What chapters, Dad? What are you talking about? Can you explain, please?" I said, biting the inside of my cheek to hold back laughter.