1

"Usopp!" I yelled up to the merry. "Im heading off to Kayas to take her my birthday gift. Will she need to expect you to sneak in a visit?" I giggle as he jumps down.

"Yes! It's her birthday tomorrow of course the grate Usopp is gracing her with his presence." He says matter of factly, as he put his hands on his hips. I laugh and turn on my heels as I head off for the mansion.

Usopp, Kaya, and I have know eachother for years now.  Kayla and Usopp longer than myself, but when I was brought to Syrup Village and left by my mother after my father died usopp became my closest friend.

I came from Shimotsuki Village. A village in the east blue where everyone is trained as swordsmen. Girls included if they're willing. Like myself and my friend Kuina. Though after my father died to protect my mother and myself,  my training was cut off as were my relationships with my two best friends.  Kuina being one and then there was Zoro. Kuinas father ran the dojo we trained at and the three of us were training to be the best, or well those two were. I just wanted to have the skill for if I ever needed to protect whats important to me. That was until after Kuina died. After that it was just me and Zoro. Both of our fathers had died fighting to protect what was important, but his had passed earlier when he was 8. After Kuinas death, zoro and I promised eachother that we would stick together. I trained with him, and we grew closer.

When I was 15 is when my dad died. A group of Pirates had tried to force their way into the village and our home was right on the beach. My father confronted them and they used my mother as a shield, by the time the others, including myself and zoro had made our way to see about the commotion, it was too late. My father had taken all but 2 men down before one of the them ran him through the chest. Right infront of me. Zoro had pulled me into his chest to keep me from watching him take his last breath, he kept me from falling apart. Neither of them had made an escape and the one that almost did was run through by Zoro himself as they tried to hide in a bush. That night I realized I needed Zoro more than I could have thought. That night Zoro stayed with me. He told me he would always keep me safe. He had promised my father that much. He said that I was his and he was mine.

The next day however, my whole life changed. Zoro had left to go train in the early hours and I woke up to take care of my mom who as a surprise to me had spent the night packing our essentials. She had told the village head after everything was over last night that she was taking me and we were leaving. She didn't want to stay after what happened. She wouldn't even let me say goodbye. But as she dragged me to our little boat, as she set us off, through my tears and cries I head his voice, saw his green hair come running to the beach. I yelled and screamed. I begged my mother to let me stay. I begged zoro to stop her even knowing he couldn't. But I had heard him loud and clear when he yelled out to me as he promised to find me no matter what.

But 4 and a half years later im 19 and still alone. My mom left me on the beach of syrup village while I was sleeping, and that brings me to where I am now. I don't have a bad life, I've continued to train myself as well as I can, learned a lot from the village doctor, made friends with Usopp and Kaya. But one of these days I'll leave it all behind. Because if he won't find me… I'll find him.

By the time I realized it I had made it to the doors of Kayas mansion I hadn't even had time to knock when I was greeted by her butler Klahadore.

"Miss Y/N. What a surprise to see you. Miss Kaya didn't mention that she was expecting any company." He spoke like a rotten rich kid. Disgusted by anyones presence. I don't know what Kaya sees in him.

"Yes. Yes. I know its such a happy surprise for you to get to see my beautiful face." I roll my eyes pulling the gift infront of my face and peeking out from behind it. "I came to give Kaya her gift a little early. You know how much she loves to write so I got her a new journal." He just stares at me for a few minute. His creepy beady black eyes boring through my skull.