PART - 7

Shaurya woke up at 6, later than his usual and is shocked to see Dev beside him, sleeping soundly tucked in his duvet... God, he remembered to give it for washing, he hated sharing his duvet, he only shared it with his wife... With that thought, their past ran in his head without his will...

"What the hell are you doing  ? This is Shaurya's blanket, you are his wife, don't you know he hates sharing his personal things", his mother snatched the duvet off his wife's body...

He heard her screams from inside the washroom... He so wanted to shout at his mother and ask her to get out of his room. How dare she talk to his wife like that  ? But he didn't understand his rage.

"I... I know... But I have fever, and my duvet wasn't enough, so I took his... I'll wash it after my temperature goes down", his wife replied in a timid tone, he could feel tremors in her tone... She has fever  ? Why didn't she tell him  ? Yes he hated her but he did take her as his wife and no matter what he said, he tried to fulfil her needs just as a husband does. Of course, except for love, that was his motive, to show her how it felt not to be loved.

"Fever  ? I know it's nothing of that sort, you are just acting to escape the house chores... You are not a princess before your marriage to my son that I would give you a queen treatment here... Get up and take care of the chores...", her mother-in-law said... "And this goes to laundry", she said snatching his duvet...

He had had enough of it now, he quickly got out of the washroom and snatched back his duvet from his mother's hand and covered his wife, helping her lay down on the bed and tucked her properly...

"She isn't feeling well ma, send our breakfast to the room... I'll give her the medicines after she eats something... If her temperature resurfaces, I'll call the doctor", he said calmly to his mother. Without any harsh words, he had managed to infuriate her...

"Shaurya...", his mother opened her mouth but he cut her off...

"And yeah... Thanks for your concern, I don't like sharing my blanket with anyone but my wife is an exception...", Shaurya told looking at her mother in the eye, silently warning her not to behave like that with his wife again... "You should have told her, if ma didn't know", Shaurya said looking at Akansha who was bewildered at his rarely shown concern and affection though as a facade.

His mother stormed out getting angry at the situation and his son defending his wife always.

"I'll wash it till evening...", she said

"Didn't you hear what I said to ma just now  ? You are an exception... And what's new in this anyways, we share a blanket every day", he said but she kept a confused face, and he realizes she wouldn't have known...  every night, she cuddled with him in sleep and snatches his duvet and wrap herself with his as well due to cold. But at the same time, she needed the AC as once he switched it off and she quickly woke up from her sleep.

It's his usual every night to wrap her with her duvet as well as his... And in the morning, he unwraps his duvet off her and folds it to put it on his place as she felt hotter in the mornings.

"What  ?", she asked

"That's what everyone should think", he quickly added not wanting to let her know of their midnight adventures... If he told her, she would think he cared for her and her hopes would raise again which he didn't want...

Her face paled hearing him but quickly nodded consoling herself... What was she expecting  ? Him to wrap her in a duvet when she feels cold and unwrapping it when she feels hot  ? Like the hell he would... She chided herself for even thinking so...