01, He Wants To Help

─── ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ───

❝ 01 , he wants to help ❞

Platform 9 and ¾ was busy when Kalia and Emmeline - her aunt - stepped through the passage. Families rushed together, the train whistled. There was so much noise and Emmeline was quick to squeeze Kalia's hand, encouraging her to go forward. A family was coming in behind them and the first day back was not a day to make an enemy.

So the pair pushed through the crowd, Emmeline was scowling as she led Kalia to the side so that she could put her trolley with the others. But the crowds of churning people were making it difficult to get anywhere, let alone to the trolleys.

Emmeline managed it though, forcing a polite smile on her face as she practically shoved through the crowds. Kalia slipped her trolley with the others once Emmeline had taken Kalia's trunk off the top and they began to push through the crowds to the train.

It was so crowded. Kalia felt like she was being penned in from every angle and the only thing that kept her sane was Emmeline's hand intertwined with hers. Emmeline hated Platform 9 and ¾ as much as Kalia did, it was too crowded, nobody had common courtesy and everyone saw themselves as the most important person in the wizarding world.

Emmeline just wanted to get Kalia onboard. And so when there was a break in the churning crowds, Emmeline pushed them through to the closest entrance to a carriage. Once they were in front of the door, Emmeline passed the trunk over to Kalia and gave her a soft smile.

"If you have forgotten anything, send me an owl," Emmeline said and Kalia nodded her head. She glanced down at the trunk and then at her Aunt before letting out a ragged breath. This marked the end of her Summer. The end of her time with Emmeline, her stomach felt heavy.

"I will," Kalia responded, forcing a smile onto her lips. She glanced around and there were a few impatient mothers that seemed to be glaring her down. She wanted to get on board now more than ever even if it meant goodbye.

Kalia adjusted her glasses on her nose before she leant down and kissed Emmeline on the cheek, "Have a safe journey back," Kalia said before she stood up straight. Emmeline smiled and nodded before she stepped back. They exchanged goodbyes and Kalia dragged her trunk into the carriage before she headed down the corridor.

She knew that Pandora wouldn't be here yet. The other girl tended to lag behind the rest of the world. Kalia loved Pandora but the fact that she jumped on the train just before it left made Kalia nervous for her. Kalia didn't want to think about it so she set her mind on finding an empty compartment.

Considering how busy the Platform was, it was easy to find a place and she slipped in, closing the compartment door behind her. The quiet was a solace. Everywhere was too noisy and she could hear everything. Every conversation, every noise, every sniffle and brush of clothes. It made her head hurt and the compartment blocked it all out.