Chapther 21- Old Friends

Jasmin

Jasmin

♛♛♛

"I was a girl at the booth doing alright. Till I became a stay at home wife overnight. Now I gotta figure out how to do it right." Emily sings as we walk into the mall.

"Emily." Amelia calls her name, sighing.

"Yes?" She asks in a song-songy voice.

"This is the fifth time you've sung that in the past thirty minutes. Please stop." She almost cries out.

"You know you like it. Right Jasmin?" Emily winks, leading us into a small shop filled with random things. The smell of candy hits my nose, and my eyes immediately flicker to the candy aisle, literally calling my attention.

"Uhm. No. I like the original." I say, looking back to her. She pouts playfully, placing her hand over her chest in mock hurt. "Damn." Emily whispers under her breath, her voice cracking.

"Don't worry. We might not love your singing voice, but we love you." Amelia smiles innocently. Emily rolls her eyes, flipping her off.

"Come on, let's go look for the rest of our outfit." She say, her focus shifting to something else. We walk to the back of the store, where different accessories are scattered around.

"Ooh. We definitely need these cuffs." Emily says, admiring some handcuffs on the shelf, holding them in her hands. Are these some type of special cuffs?

Why are you so fascinated by them?" I ask her.

"Right." Amelia agrees, chuckling at her amazed expression.

"Because these will make holding me to the bed easier for Ezra." She smiles, taking four of them and adding it to the cart. Skipping along as if she didn't say the most out-of-pocket thing ever.

"Well that's that." Amelia says, taking the words alright out of my mouth.

"I'm just playing guys. Were police officers remember? We're the ones who have to do the cuffing." Her smile grows wider.

"Wait. Low key, you're right." Amelia agrees, matching her smile with Emily's. I side-eye both of them and the dumb smiles stretching their lips. "Really?" Emily asks, not believing her.

"No." Amelia says flatly. Emily and I laugh at her change of voice, and continue walking down the aisle.

"Wait." I say, pausing abruptly.

They both follow me, stopping suddenly and waiting in anticipation for me to tell them what's wrong. "Can I be in the cart?" I smile, latching my hands together behind my back and moving my body side-to-side.