Chapter 1

The weather was pretty clear when she headed out for café but now, she could feel the small pitter patter of rain drawing random designs on her sky-blue shirt. The faint roaring of clouds was getting covered by continuous honking of vehicles and the shouts of drivers in a rush. People running madly for a shelter as if the innocent droplets were bullets out of gun.

Amidst the chaos, she pulled out her hands from the pockets of her black puffer jacket and held out to capture the blessing. The smile breaks out on her thin yet full lips as her eyes closed on encountering the water.

'Oww'. An elbow strike on her kidney from a group of teenage boys running across jolted her as she realized the fact that enjoying rain on a busy street of New York was definitely not a good idea.

She frowned before joining the group of hassle rushing somewhere needed or important.

"Good morning, everyone".

She called out whilst removing her coat and hanging it on a wall-mounted coat rack.

"Morning. You forgot your umbrella, right?" A young boy with blonde hairs said looking at her.

"It was with me till today's morning when I suddenly checked the weather." She said ruffling her hairs.

"You always say this." The boy laughed going behind the counter when a middle-aged woman appeared from an attached door behind the counter.

"Elaya, are you okay? Are you drenched?"

"Thankfully, I am not. But I am not gonna check weather anymore. Forecast lies." She said giving her a hug.

"I agree. In fact, why do this department exist when they can't even do what they are supposed to do? I literally had a fight with my brother today, he wanted to take my bike to his college and I hate cars. But who knew it will be my savior today." Another person entered the café giving hi-five to the blonde boy before nodding at the two women hugging.

"Were not you on leave today? Why did you come?" The woman, named Ellis, asked him.

"Uhhh I....because I love work." He said nervously when all of them laughed.

"Gosh, you are dumped again." Elaya said laughing hard.

"It's not like that." He defended.

"Sure sure." She poked her tongue out at him before joining Tuan in the pantry.

It was then they heard the chiming bells indicating the arrival of 5 men loaded with guns, all in black.

"Not again." Elaya said annoyed coming to them.

Ellis held her by hand signaling her to stop whilst she came to them gently.

"Mr. Shah sent you a last warning. The shop must be cleared by tonight otherwise he will deal with you himself." One of them said.

"This is exactly what we want. Ask your boss to come himself because there is no way we are gonna believe some random goons trynna act hero with guns and dress using his name." Before Ellis could say something, Elaya came forward angrily.

"And kindly leave the café because it's morning and people would start coming in anytime. We don't want any kind of drama here. And if you don't, then sit and order something like nice guys, have your coffees and do a chit chat."

She was literally done with these not so scary guys trying to snatch their coffee shop. C'mon, it wasn't that much pretty but the fact that it was located at the prime location made it the point of conflict several times. One of the famous five-star hotel in New York was located besides it and the sight of attraction was also at a walking distance.