Chapter 2: Battle Of Christophsis

CISS Odyssey, Orbit of Christophsis, Christoph System, Savareen Sector

When the Odyssey dropped out of Hyperspace, it had been to find no real Republic presence in the system. Guess we beat them here. The 9th Fleet spread out through the system to blockade the planet while allowing civilians to evacuate from the regions surrounding the mines. When they were done, we'd send down troops to occupy them. We also had several corridors for civilians to evacuate from any other potential battlezones.

The absence of Republic ships in-system so far had allowed us to be more careful in occupying the planet, though Senator Bail Organa had holed himself up in the main control center for the mines in one of the smaller cities. I don't know why he decided to not evacuate with the rest of the civilians, but that's not my problem. I'm just a Navy Captain. That's for General Whorm Loathsome to deal with, and he was one of the largest supporters for adhering to the Yavin Accords. Kinda surprising since those were written over 1500 years ago, and almost nobody in the modern day has actually read them cover to cover, nevermind heard of them. Then again, that was one of the first things my Great Uncle made sure was required reading when he was first putting the CAF together.

Sergeant Forge has already deployed to the planet with Odysseys ground troops, they were part of the first wave down, so now we just have to sit here in orbit waiting for the Republic forces to show up. Odyssey herself was holding at the center of the 17th Strike Division 2 Million kilometers off the Invincibles' starboard side.

A beeping on the sensor console indicated we had company.

Somewhere on Christophsis

His Master would be pleased. Nobody yet suspected who he really was, and now he had a front row seat to the first engagement between the Republic and Confederacy navies. He held in an evil chuckle and instead gave a look of concern at the monitors.

RSS Resolute, 8 Million kilometers from Christophsis

Anakin felt as much as saw the ship exit Hyperspace. Despite his reservations, the Jedi were supposed to be peacekeepers, not soldiers, he was confident in their victory. From their latest intel while the Separatists had increased their effective weapon range to 50,000 kilometers, his ships had a range of twice that. Once they got within 100,000 kilometers of the Separatist Fleet they could pick them off from outside of their own range, leaving their LACs helpless without cover from the Capitals.

"All ships, this is General Skywalker. Form up on the Resolute, prepare to advance to maximum weapons range. At that point, fire everything you've got."

CISS Odyssey, Same Time

"Sir! We've got 12,000 Acclimator Heavy Transports and 3000 Venator Attack Cruisers dropping out of Hyperspace. Confirming Flag IDs... Two ships, the Resolute under Jedi General Anakin Skywalker and the Skyfury under Jedi General Aayla Secura. Looks like a mix of elements of the Republic's 7th and 12th Fleets."

That's a lot more ships than we were facing in the show. Is Obi Wan going to be showing up with the rest in addition to that stealth ship? Either way, sorry Luke, you're one of my favorite Jedi, but I'm going to have to take the risk of taking you out by killing Anakin before he and Padme can get busy.

"John, bring weapons to full readiness and stand by to launch fighters. What's their position, Aveer?"

He looked again at his console. "Currently regrouping around 8 Million kilometers to our 9 o clock. Looks like some of them drifted out of formation as they were exiting Hyperspace."

The perils of fleet maneuvers in space. "Contact Admiral Trench and request permission to engage the moment they cross into weapons range. Also advise him of the advancements this ship possesses and what that could mean for this engagement."