Sanjyu

S A N J Y U

S A N J Y U

Crack in the Glass

.⁠·⁠'⁠¯⁠'⁠(⁠>⁠▂⁠<⁠)⁠'⁠¯⁠'⁠·⁠.

"Hey, son..." Takashi greeted Ikki, who had tears streaming down his worried face while his ex-wife looked at him in disappointment. "Misa."

There he sat in front of a police officer desk, beaten-up, hands cuffed behind him, his clothes dirty and disheveled, and reeking of alcohol. He knew he'd have to offer Ikki, and his ex-wife an explanation as to how he ended up in the police station, but to be honest, after his sixth bottle of sake, he doesn't remember a thing.

"Dad! Are you okay?!" Ikki worriedly asked, rushing towards him. "Y-You didn't come home, so I asked mom to h-help find you!"

"I'll bail him out." Misa blankly said, paying no mind to her ex-husband. She did, after all, only come because her son asked her to. If only it were up to her, she'd let him rot in jail for the night, just so he can learn his lesson.

"Misa," Takashi called out, but she simply ignored him, making him sigh defeatedly.

Based on the look on her face, he knew she'd give him hell when they got home.

"Takashi, you should be taking care of Ikki! Not the other way around! Do you know how worried I was for him when he called me, crying because he couldn't reach you? And then, we find out that you were in fucking jail?! What if something happened to him when he's alone at home?!"

"I said I was sorry, alright? I just had a few drinks with my friends, and...and..."

"Do this again, and I'll take Ikki away from you. Don't forget that I'm only letting him stay with you because he begged me, but next time this happens, you won't ever see him again."

"Is it my fault?! I only started to drink because that boy —!'

"Don't you dare blame this on Ikki. Don't you fucking dare."

"I was stressed! Everyone started to expect more from me because he was so gifted! And...and when I was lost, and tired, and pressured, you left me! Do you think it's easy to deal with all those all at once?!"

"Are you forgetting the reason why I left you, or I have to cut your testicles with my katana to remember it?"

In his room, Ikki simply laid on his bed as he listened to his parents argue. He bit back the tears stinging the corner of his eyes. He should be used to it. He should be used to the arguing, the yelling, the fighting, so why?

Why does it still hurt?

When his parents got divorced, all they had told him was that they were separating because it wasn't working anymore. But he wasn't stupid, he knew that it was more than that.