first time you saw me

From the moment Victoria Bluder stepped onto Iowa University's campus as a freshman, she immediately loved it. Despite her initial disinterest in basketball, her grandmother's role as Coach Bluder meant that she was inevitably involved with the team. Victoria their biggest cheerleader, she would attend every game. From the sidelines, dressed in the team's colors, she would scream her heart out. 

But Victoria's role as the team's biggest cheerleader extended far beyond the basketball court. When the weight of exams and assignments overwhelmed the girls, she was always there, offering her support. She would help them with late-night study and tutoring sessions after long hours of practice.

Victoria quickly became extremely close to everyone in the team. She would spend hours with Kate listening to music, bonding over shared playlists and their favourite bands, They joked that they were basically twins due to their practically identical interests.Jada and Gabbie were Victoria's biggest supporters, they admired the girl for her loyalty to the group and loved hanging out with her. 

Then there was Caitlin. She and Victoria had always had this thing going on, ever since her and Victoria had met they had become extremely close, so close that everyone they knew thought they were was something more. They were always teasing each other, sharing inside jokes, and hanging out together. It was pretty obvious to everyone around them that there was more to their relationship than just friendship. They had this chemistry that couldn't be ignored, and it seemed like everyone was secretly rooting for them to be more than just friends.

During the games there was always one tradition that Caitlin followed, she dedicated to Victoria each shot she made. It started when Caitlin made one of her first important logo 3, right before the game Victoria had spent hours comforting the girl trying to get her to relax, so Caitlin couldn't help but feel as if she made that shot because of Victoria's help.

With each each swish of the net, Caitlin would cast a  glance in Victoria's direction, a soft smile on her lips as she pointed to the brunette.  As the shots went in, Victoria's heart swelled with pride and joy, her cheeks flushing as she made eye contact with Caitlin.

As the years passed, Victoria's bond with the basketball team grew stronger with each passing day. Whether it was offering words of encouragement before a crucial game or lending a sympathetic ear during late-night study sessions, Victoria was always there, her presence a constant source of comfort and joy.

In the bustling corridors of Iowa University, one autumn afternoon, the sunlight filtered through the stained glass windows, casting a warm light across the  hallways where Victoria found herself engaged in a conversation with  Jada. Their laughter mingled with the chatter of passing students as they discussed the upcoming weekend plans.

"Did you hear about the party tomorrow? Are you coming?" Jada asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

Victoria nodded, a playful smile dancing on her lips. "Yeah I heard, I think I'm coming, I bought this dress with Kate like a week ago that I want to wear"

"Oh my god I remember that dress it looked so good" Jada exclaimed, her enthusiasm infectious.

As they continued talking, their voices filled with anticipation, a familiar figure approached. Caitlin, with her effortless charm and radiant smile, walked up to Victoria and wrapped her arm around her shoulders.

"Hey angel, Hey Jada " Caitlin smiled, "what are you talking about?"

Victoria's heart skipped a beat as Caitlin wrapped her arms around her, "About the party tomorrow, are you coming?" She asked, looking up at the girl due to the height difference.

Caitlin leaned in closer, "If you go I'll go, I have to run to class right now but text me all the details, Bye guys" she said, pressing a kiss on Victoria's cheek before walking away.

Jada laughed seeing Victoria go all red. "the day you and Caitlin fuck me and the team will celebrate"" she teased.

Victoria could feel the heat rising to her cheeks as she attempted to regain her composure. "Oh shut up"  she said, slapping the girls elbow.