Chapter 1- Spirit Of Fire

Topaz sat down on the ground dramatically. "When will we arrive?"

"Come on", replied Eren angrily. "You already asked that five times in the last hour! Just run faster, and then we can finally arrive".

Loren looked at the bird, who accompanied them along the way. He never bothered to participate in their fights.

Topaz was not convinced, and she stared at Eren patiently.
"Help me!" He complained to Loren. But all he got were noise of crickets. "God, I just hate you both".

Topaz giggled. "And then people say women are sensitivity". She took a handful of dry leaves that have fallen. "Where is Lilly, anyway?"

She had a feeling that her Jonin fell asleep while she was visiting the nearby colony, but in a moment and in fast green flash, her Jonin was standing in front of Loren.

"For you", she suggested to him a water bottle. "Next time, remember to bring it".
Loren didn't answer or took the bottle, and that made Lilly sign in amusement and put it in his bag herself.

"By the way, I have to say it. I caught up with you too quickly. Why are you so slow?"

"It's because of Eren", said Topaz fast. She crushed her handful leaves. "I keep asking him when we will arrive, so I can match the chakra I spent on the run wisely, but he does not answer".

Lilly looked at Eren, disappointed. "Eren, when I left, I told you you are in charge until I return. It's included help your teammate with his requests".

"She is lying!" He tried without a chance. If look could kill... Eren raised his hands, giving up.

Lilly turned to Topaz. "In fact, we are really close to our target", she smiled. "About ten minutes in your speed and you will be able to see your siblings".

Topaz smiled back and got up on her legs, leaving her handful leaves in their place. Topaz loved to tempt lucky. "You see, Eren? It wasn't too hard".

With that, she had a reason to run fast. She wanted to stay alive.

Her idea cut the time by 50 percent. She thought that maybe this was the first time she saw Lilly so proud, but no, that was what made her smile.

Topaz increased her speed as she saw four familiar people standing with integrated hands until she reached one of them and fell on her in a hug.

"Temari! So much time", she whimpered.

Temari patted her head. "Three days and a few hours", she giggled. "It was possible to give up the few hours if you were a little faster".

"I wonder whose fault we were slow", muttered Eren.

Topaz gave him a special gift for this murmur; She raised her third finger just for him.

"He is right, you know", said Kankuro. "You have to practice your endurance, Topaz. The test is around the corner".

The bird that accompanied them along the way flew far away now, and Loren watched her leaving.

The Jonin of Topaz's siblings, Baki, talked with Lilly aside.

"I know, I know", Topaz buried her face in the warm hug.