. under pressure

chapter one

"Buck, please tell me this beautiful brown-eyed man is lying

"Buck, please tell me this beautiful brown-eyed man is lying."

"SO ARE YOU GOING TO TELL me why you've been pouting like a baby?" Noah runs her hand through her boyfriend's curls as they lie down in their room.

A few hours ago, Buck had stumbled into their shared room flopped on top of her, and buried his head into her chest. At first, she thought he was trying to start something but then he just nuzzled into her and stayed there. Now he just keeps sighing every few minutes, so much so that she was starting to get worried.

  "Do you think I'm hot?" Buck mumbles with his left ear resting over her heart and looks up to her.

Noah lets out a snort and then clears her throat when he looks betrayed, "Oh the hottest, honey," Noah rubs a thumb across his cheek and then pokes at the small indentation on his cheek.

As Buck lifts his head and tilts it slightly at the same time, he squints his eyes at her.

Who hurt this big puppy?

"I'm serious! Am I hot enough that a lesbian would find me attractive?" Noah lets her hand fall back on the bed as she looks at Buck with fake suspicion.

"Buck. Did you fall in love with a lesbian?" Noah tilts her head in question.

"What? No! It's just—there's this new guy at work," Buck shakes his head and moves to get up from the bed, "you know what, never mind."

"No wait," Noah sits up with one leg dangling on the side of the bed, the other under her, and grabs Buck's forearm gently to turn him back to her, "Tell me, please. I promise I won't laugh much!"

He looks into her brown eyes and sighs again. He nods his head and sits on the edge of the bed with his body angled towards her.

  "I know I've done some shit in the past and I've apologized for it but I think Bobby is going to fire me," Buck continues, " because Bobby hired this new guy. Eddie Diaz, he was top of his class, was in the army and you know, fit,"

  "He's everything I am but better," Buck then mumbles under his breath, "he's even got a better ass than me."

  "Can I see?" Noah gives Buck her most serious face before bursting out into laughter at his wide betrayed eyes, she raises her hands and backs up, "I'm joking, obviously!"

"No, but seriously, Bobby isn't the type of person to sneakily replace you, and who's to say that him hiring Eddie wasn't for you?" Noah cups her boyfriend's face, "And honestly, I wouldn't mind someone having your back out there when I can't."

Buck is silent for a few moments before rolling his eyes, "Fine, I guess I can give him a chance," he sighs, "but that doesn't mean I won't give him a hard time, at least just a little."