1 - 𝘚𝘢𝘢𝘯𝘷𝘪 𝘉𝘦𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘯𝘨

One of Saanvi's favorite things to do was to observe. To watch and learn, to figure out the why's. So she finds herself on top of the stairs to Yu's Earthbending Academy more often than she likes to admit, at least for someone who isn't actually a student there. People didn't mind her there: they knew her, gave her a smile and a wave as they passed by her. Saanvi would give them a slight wave back, quickly turning her attention back to the benders.

Saanvi talked to master Yu before, asking if it was possible to sign up for one of his bending classes. He's always been hesitant, never giving a straightforward answer and Saanvi guessed it had something to do with her parents still having a say in what she was allowed to get up to. She did consider herself lucky; compared to her younger sister she always had more freedom. Toph had always been monitored more closely, her every step being followed by guards or their parents.

As Saanvi got older, she was trusted enough to watch over her sister during the day, escort her around, which both of them took as an opportunity to slip into town and treat themselves to some delicious baked goods. And although Saanvi was quite happy most of the time with how "much" time she got to explore her surroundings, she would always end up on these very steps, wishing she could also throw some rocks around.

When Saanvi found out she could Earthbend, people would already be calling her a late bloomer for years. It wasn't until she turned ten years old, that she was actually aware of her bending. She recalls the memory like it was yesterday...

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ⟡ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁.

"Come on, dad, it's not that big of a deal! I'm sure Toph would love to see the city streets!" Saanvi gave her father a pleading look. The girl was bored of roaming around alone and knowing her sister felt a certain way as well being held in their family home the entire time, so why not pass some time together?

Her dad gave her one of his big sighs, "Look Saanvi, I appreciate you wanting to look after your sister, but it's safer for Toph to stay here," He took a sip of his tea, watching as his oldest daughter gave him an annoyed look.

"Everyone knows us around here, nothing will happen. "I promise!"

"No." Saanvis left eye started to twitch.

"Then tell one of the guards to join us, if you don't trust me enough."

"Saanvi-"

"I'm sure they are bored too. I know I would be if I had to stand around this house all day-"

"Saanvi, stop it." Lao took another sip of his tea, before setting the cup down in front of him. "My answer is still no. And don't make me rethink my decision to let you go into town alone." His daughter was about to open her mouth, but he quickly interrupted. "No further discussion."

The girl threw her arms up, stomping loudly out of the living room. The first thing Saanvi did was to slam her bedroom door shut and jump onto her bed, head plonking into her pillow roughly. She was familiar with this frustration and it's not been the first time Lao and his daughter have clashed heads. For some reason, this time was more infuriating than ever.

Saanvi quickly sat up and hit the air around her with a couple punches with her fists. She was very aware of her dramatic antics but throwing hands just seemed to make her feel a tad bit better. "Stupid rules, stupid everything," Her gaze fixated on the wall straight ahead of her. On the other side would sit her father, who's probably already back to sipping his tea, not a care in the world. Saanvi's brows furrowed. "'Toph is so weak' blah, blah, blah. She put me in a headlock yesterday!" As he anger took over, Saanvi threw again, a few punches into the air. This time, focusing on the wall in front of her.