CHAPTER 4

Today is my day at work and I'm nervous as hell, not only will I be seeing Mr. Gorgeous, I'll also have to talk to him and work close to him

I did NOT sign up for this, well... technically I did but I didn't expect to get the secretary job, just a little mistake I make and I'll be fired

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time checking if my outfit was okay, I adjusted the crisp white blouse, the fabric cool against my skin. I slide into my black blazer, feeling its snug embrace, a symbol of my professional armor. The pencil skirt I chose hugged my curves just right, its hemline hitting a respectful length just above the knee.

I select a pair of comfortable yet elegant low heels. My hair is pulled back in a sleek ponytail, a few strands framing my face, trust me I tried to do tight bun but it's nearly impossible. A touch of mascara and a swipe of neutral lipstick complete my look, understated yet confident.

My handbag was packed with essentials: laptop, planner, emergency kit and a novel incase i get bored

Yes, I may have overdone it but it's my first day at work and that too at the main quarters. My outfit is quite expensive but looks cheap compared to what the employees wore at work

     I got to the office 30mins early but everyone was already present, I guess they have a different schedule. With the help of the nice receptionist, I was led to the floor above where I had my interview  which will be my office and obviously the boss's office

As I entered the floor, my heart started beating loudly. I could feel my hand sweating a little, and my stomach twisted in knots. There was another receptionist there and she directed me to his office, I took a deep breath and reminded myself to keep my head up as I knocked on his door before opening it when i heard a. 'come in'

There he was at the front desk. He was as cold and unapproachable as they said, and he was staring right at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"G... Good morning sir"

He didn't reply or show any emotion. He just up and told me to follow him. My heart was thumping even faster now, and my mouth was dry.

He led me to where I assume is my new office, before he left only to return a few minutes later with a bunch of focusing . He handed me the documents and told me to sort them out, the interview isn't enough i guess and now he's testing me.

I started sorting through the papers and noticed that he was watching me closely. It felt like he was inspecting every little thing I did.
I felt nervous under his intense gaze, but I tried to stay focused on my job. It was a lot of work, but I did my best.

Fortunately he later returned back to his office and I was able to work properly
After a couple of hours of sorting papers I went to his office to return the papers after I was done, he looked up from his computer screen and said, "That's good enough for now"

Good enough? Is that a compliment or I didn't impress him??
I looked up and he was still gazing at me with those grey cloudy orbs. I couldn't help but blush a little.

His office was an example of comfort and style perfectly blended together. It was a comfortable open space with a modern aesthetic.

The furniture was sleek and stylish, consisting of a modern desk and chair, a minimalist sofa, and a black abstract paintings to compliment the white wall, and there were floor-to-ceiling windows for natural light and an amazing view of the city skyline.

It was the perfect office for someone who wanted to be comfortable and look good while getting their work done.

"Sir can I leave now?" I'm scared of embarrassing myself in front of him

"You'll be at the office by 8: 30am every week day else stated otherwise. Note down these schedule for today,
- 9:00 AM: Prepare coffee. You'll do that everyday by this time, no need to prepare today
- 9:30 AM: Arrange for a meeting with a client named Mr. Johnson regarding their contract at the 10th floor.
- 10:50 AM: Arranged another Meeting with Mr. Browns to discuss contract changes.
- 11:15 AM: Lunch break with J & B groups, regarding their new business launch at The gourmet Palace restaurant across this building.
- 1:30 PM: Meeting with the team to brainstorm ideas for a new project.
- 2:15 PM: Follow up with emails and answer questions.
The rest will be forwarded to you later on now use the door"

He was a bit fast but luckily I was trained for stuff like this and had already prepared a template in the laptop I was holding but damn, dude has no breaks. He still attends meetings during his lunch break

"Why are you still standing there Ms. Shredder"

"It's Schneider" I muttered

"What?"

"Nothing sir!! I... I'll take my leave" I said walking away as fast as I could back to my office

"This is gonna be a long day" I sighed

«

Okay now the story begins officially :)