part _2

aturday morning.
10:35.

The phone ringing got louder and louder, an unknown number was calling.

The mother looked at the number in surprise, furrowing her eyebrows.

It was possible that he was calling her, and why was the number unknown? The mother shouted to the father:

“Dear, there is an unknown number calling,”

“Answer me, and if they want me, tell me.”

She answered in the affirmative, grabbing the mobile phone and opening the line to answer.

'Peace be upon you, who is with me?'

For a few moments, she screamed, a painful scream of pain from her throbbing body.

She knelt down, placing her hands over her mouth, trying to hide her sobs.

Everyone ran towards her to hug her husband.

'In the name of God, what happened? Take it easy, Yasmine.'

The mother spoke between her
louder gasps.

“My brother... my brother is the last piece of my family.”

“What’s wrong with him? Has something happened to him, God forbid?”

He looked at her tears and tightened the embrace, patting her features.

“I was killed...they killed him, his family...and his family.”

She started wailing hysterically, with more pain around her.

Her daughter was shocked and started crying.

He was a friend of hers after her father, and now he died.

Why?! Zion.

There is a loud cry in this house.

A few days ago, her son was the sweetness of her heart, and now her brother, who is the last thing she has left with his family.

Neither she nor her daughter Layan could sleep, but they went to bed after praying dawn the next morning.

Is there not an ounce of humanity or mercy in their hearts? They are like stones or more cruel, devoid of feelings.

If they had an ounce of feelings, they would know what humanity is, but God, the Most Gracious, did not bestow this blessing on them. They are a people cursed, the curse of God be upon the unbelievers.

___________

The sound of the ambulance began to get louder near her hearing, her body shaking right and left as if someone was pulling her out.

She opened her pockets after struggling with her head, which was in intense pain.

She had no idea where she was. She saw a sky, not the clear sky filled with birds she was accustomed to, but rather a gray one, filled with the sounds of screaming and crying around her.