Chapter 2

Hot shot was in Cook children's hospital. Hot shot just recently found out head had a brain tumor. Hot shot learned the type of tumor he had was Atypical Teratoid Rhabdoid Tumor or ATRT which is a type of brain cancer. Hot shot learned he was going to need a lot of different treatments in order to get better. Hot shot was kind of nervous about. He was upset because he was going to have to stay in the hospital for a while. Hot shot was hoping to be home soon because he was missing Fireplug. He wanted his beloved dog to be with him. But pets are not allowed in the hospital. Hot shot was kind of sad and angry about it. Hot shot loved Fireplug and wanted him there and missed him a lot. True he had a picture of fireplug but it wasn't the same. Hot shot was trying his best to sleep. Hot shot was having a bit of hard time sleeping too.

Hot shot was holding on to Roxy the rhino as he slept. Hot shot was dreaming and saw many amazing things. Hot shot soon saw a fire start up. An alarm was alerting to the danger. Hot shot was kind of scared and wondering what was happening. But he was going to find out. Then he heard. "Brain tumor alert! Brain tumor alert! Alert the body! Alert the body!" he heard a voice say.

Then he saw something it was a hose, foam cannon and a firefighter axe. There was writing on it. "Use these to fight your brain cancer fire, it will help you defeat it," Hot shot read. "Warning using these will make you feel sick, weak and tired, and make you lose your hair, but it will help you win this fight so be careful," he read on.

Hot shot was ready to fight he did so in his dream and push the fire back. Then Hot shot woke up to a nurse who was going to give him medicine. Hot shot was not happy about that and then went back to sleep after he swallowed the yucky medicine. Hot shot was back to dreaming that dream where it left off. Hot shot felt the effects the label warned him about. Hot shot then managed to put the fire out. Then Hot shot woke up and saw the sun was up and heard the birds singing. "Morning mummy," Hot shot said.

"Good morning Hot shot how are you feeling today?" Quickshadow asked.

"Okay I guess, I am thinking about that has happened recently and I wish I could be with Fireplug," Hot shot said. "I love Fireplug and I won't be able to see him for a while," he said. "I am worried he is going to miss me or forget me," he said.

"Your father texted a video of Fireplug." Quickshadow said. "Fireplug does miss you Hot shot and he won't forget you, he loves you very much Hot shot, the two of you are very close," she said.

"I am still kind of upset over what has happened recently too me," Hot shot said.

"That is normal, finding out you have cancer is not easy," Quickshadow said.

"I am still kind of sore and tired too," Hot shot admitted.

"That is because you had major surgery," Quickshadow said. "But you will start feeling better in a few days," she said.

"Oh okay," Hot shot said.

The nurse came in and checked on Hot shot was making sure Hot shot was doing just fine at the moment. Hot shot was also able to have his breakfast. Hot shot was pretty hungry. The nurse took some blood from his Hickman line to test his over all health. Hot shot was a little bit nervous about it. But then when the nurse took the blood it didn't hurt at all. Hot shot began to think the Hickman line wasn't so bad. He found it to be pretty cool to say the least.

His mother got a phone call. "Hello, yes thanks for contacting me, and I am glad you are going to help us," Quickshadow said. "I hope to get in contact with other parents going through what we are going through," she said. "We just found out about this too," she said. "But I am glad you are here for us and going to help in many ways," she said. "Yes I got the booklet downloaded on my tablet, and I hope to maintain contact with you and the others there at the foundation, I hope things will go well for my son," she said. "I know he will be thrilled to hear that okay bye," she said.