Chapter 6

Illaria Point of View

Hearing is one thing and facing it practically is another.

Now I know why all the people whom I inquired about Devon were skittish with their answers. This man, the man I seem to start liking is a benchmark for wonders.

Because everything about him is a wonder – not sure if it is a good one or a bad one.

"The password –" The moment Devon emerged from his room and looked at me, he started asking for the password and this time, there is a kind of anticipation in his eyes which he quickly covered it up.

If not for the thorough research on this man, I would've thought that eagerness was for me. It was the tea that hooked him up.

And I have to guess the right password to treat him to the best tea he had ever had in his life.

Who knows, maybe the tea will help me gain his attention or some kind of dependency on his side.

"Darjeeling black tea is the password." I cut him off and answered with a smug smile.

Since he absolutely loves Darjeeling teas and black tea at that, that should most probably the code.

Devon who just sat on the couch before me, sighed regretfully as if the air in the balloon is deflated. "Better luck next time." Saying, he stood up and turned back to go back to his room.

I was stumped by his action. Where are his regards for the fairer sex?

Where is his respect for the guest?

Not to mention, I'm not just any other girl, I am Illaria Gaia Allard, the eldest sibling of the Allards and the chairperson of the whole Allard empire.

I am ILLARIA ALLARD!

Hey, this is too much. How can he drill a hole in the self-esteem and self-confidence I had built up for years?

"Can't you at least give me three chances? I deserve it for trying to guess your mind, right?" You cannot expect me to guess the exclusive code he had decided in his mind on one single try right?

Devon Almond, even if I eat all the almonds on the planet, I might not become that smart; smart enough to guess his odd password making abilities.

Devon looked at me seriously for a moment in deep consideration and finally nodded his head. "Two more to go."

I want to ask myself; I do know I like this man, but why?

Obviously, he is not my type, not in my range, not someone whom I can understand; then why?

The saying is right – love is blind.

Nonetheless, I smiled appreciatingly and started recalling everything information I gathered about him and analyzing the pattern of his passcodes.

"Miss Allard, don't stress too much about it and take your time to guess. Your first attempt was quite good and could be said that it was a close call. Just think along the lines." The young man beside Devon encouraged me with a wide grin.

Noticing my questioning gaze, he immediately introduced himself. "Nice to me you too Mr. Bethel." I nodded with a small polite smile.

This person seems like he genuinely wants me to guess the code from the way he is being so ardently encouraging me.

Taking in the good wishes from Devon's colleague, I fell in deep thoughts. From the words of Mr. Hookaah, his boss, I came to know that when it comes to giving passcodes, none can beat Devon; even the strongest firewall cannot compete it, even the deadliest cyber attack can crash it.