𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔¹⁰

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Max was driving while Celia sat quietly beside him on their way to the RBR HQ for Celia's first testing with the new car. Celia sensed something was wrong since she stepped out of the shower as Max wasn't his usual cheery self. After some time, she couldn't resist asking, "Is everything okay, Max?"

Max's grip on the steering wheel tightened, and he glanced at her briefly before looking back at the road. He nodded slowly but didn't say anything. 

"Something's bothering you," Celia observed, but Max just mumbled, "nothing", refusing to open up.  Celia frowned with concern but she knew Max didn't like talking about his feelings, so she didn't push further. She let it be.

The two arrived at the HQ and were greeted by Dan, who led them to the back-field where two Red Bull cars awaited. "Hey, beautiful morning, huh?" Christian greeted as a gentle wind blew through the field. Celia smiled and nodded in agreement. "Ready to try yours out?" Christian asked, motioning to the car prepared for her.

With a smile, Celia walked over to the car, running her hands over the smooth paint where her number #13 was printed. "It's so beautiful," she said softly. Christian smiled proudly. "Go on, give it a try," he urged.

Celia cautiously climbed into the car as Dan attached the monitor and handed her a helmet. "How does it feel?" Christian asked. Celia laughed happily. "Like I'm back where I'm meant to be," she replied with a smiley voice. Everyone around her beamed with pride, except Max, who still had a glum look on his face.

"You wanna give it a drive?" Christian asked. Celia nodded eagerly. "Go on, then," he said, giving her a thumbs-up. Celia started the engine, slowly bringing the car to the line as a checked flag waved, signaling for her to go.

As Celia accelerated the car, a surge of excitement coursed through her. She maneuvered the car around the turns, feeling the thrill of speed. She cheered into her attached radio, feeling free and exhilarated to be driving again.

With each turn, she gained more confidence, pushing the car to its limits and relishing every moment on the track. Of course, this was far from the fastest she could go and there was a lot of room for improvement but it was definitely a good start.

"What do you say? She's still got it?" Christian asked Max as they watched Celia complete her second lap.

"Max?" Christian asked again, noticing Max standing with his arms crossed, lost in thought. With a nudge from Christian, Max snapped out of his trance. "Is everything okay?" Christian inquired.

"Huh? Y-Yeah, of course," Max replied, turning back to look at Celia. "The car's still got the understeer," he pointed out, his mind elsewhere.

Before Christian could reply, Celia's car came to a stop, and she joined the group with a smile, taking off her helmet.

"So? How was it?" Christian asked, eager to hear her feedback.

"It was great," Celia replied. "The car is very fast and smooth...but there's some understeer."

"Yeah, Max said the same," Christian nodded. "We'll work on that before Netherlands, don't worry. Does the interior feel okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine," Celia said. "But you might want to lift the seat a bit more. There's a bit too much legroom, considering I'm not as tall as Max, you know?"

Christian nodded as Dan took notes. Celia turned to Max with an eager smile, asking, "What did you think?"

Max shrugged. "You were good," he replied flatly. Celia's smile faltered at the monotone feedback, and Christian noticed.

"Um, how about we head in and talk more in my office then?" Christian suggested, redirecting Celia's attention. She nodded slowly, following Christian as Max trailed along behind them.

In Christian's office, everyone gathered to talk about the race plans. They discussed what Celia would do for practice and workouts, and they also sorted out the travel arrangements for future races. A tailor came by to take Celia's measurements for her racing suit. After finishing up lunch, Christian's phone rang, interrupting their conversation.

"Excuse me," Christian said, getting up to answer the call. As he stepped away, Celia and Max sat quietly. Most of the discussion had been between Christian and Celia, with Max occasionally adding a comment. However, both Christian and Celia noticed that Max seemed withdrawn. Celia felt disappointed by Max's behavior because she knew he was aware of how significant this day was for her. His mood was putting a damper on things, but she decided not to bring it up with him, at least not at that moment.

"I'm thinking I'll go visit Kev from here," Celia said quietly, breaking the silence. Max looked up, puzzled. "Now?" he asked, confused, "Was that part of the plan?"

"No, but I have free time, so I thought I'd take a cab and go see him," Celia explained casually, shrugging.

"Cab? No, I'll drop you off then," Max offered, but she declined. "No need to bother," she insisted firmly. "You're clearly in a mood, so just go home. I'll manage."

"What do you mean I'm in a mood?" Max asked defensively. Celia rolled her eyes.

"You know what I mean," she replied. "You've been in your own world. Even after my drive, you didn't have anything to say. All this time Christian and I were planning, you had nothing to say."

"What do you want me to say?" Max pushed. Celia sighed loudly. "Forget it," she said, exasperated, getting up to leave.

Max reached out and grabbed her wrist, stopping her. "Let go, Max," she said sternly, pulling away from him.

"No, you can't just say things and walk away every time," Max replied, slightly angry as he turned her around to face him. "What do you want me to say, huh?"

"Nothing, Max, just let it go," Celia insisted, pushing him away. "You're projecting someone else's anger onto me. Just... let it be."

"Oh, because I should just do whatever you say, right?" Max pushed back. Celia glared at him. "I did not say that," she snapped, "Why are you trying to pick a fight?"

"I'll meet you at the hotel later," Celia said as she walked past him. "Tell Christian I had to go." But Max reached out again and tightened his grip on her hand, "You know what? I'll come along with you to meet Kev, I haven't seen him in a while, let's go," he said as Celia pulled her hand away from his grip again.

"What? No, you're not coming," Celia said as Max rolled his eyes. "Why not?" he asked as he pulled out his phone and dialed a number, putting the call on speaker.

After a few rings, Kevin's familiar voice chimed through the phone. "Max, hey mate, didn't expect your call," Kevin's voice said, making Max grin while Celia looked annoyed.

"Hey Kev, are you home? Celia and I were at the HQ and thought we'd swing by yours on the way to our hotel. Is that cool?" Max asked, causing Celia to sigh in frustration.

"Yeah, sure, we'd love to have you guys over for dinner," Kevin replied cheerfully.

"Perfect, we'll see you in an hour then," he informed before ending the call.

Despite Celia's continued glare, Max tried to downplay the tension, saying, "Now come on, we don't wanna keep our friends waiting, do we?"

He took Celia's hand to lead her, but she pulled away, clearly unhappy with his behavior as the two walked out of the HQ and towards Max's car.