six. RESPECT

CHRISTOPHER HAD spent sometime thinking about how MIguel and Hawk had approached him. Apparently they had brought it up to Johnny since he took Miguel out to tell him the true story. Chris didn't believe they owed Miguel anything, but Johnny begged to differ. In that time, Cobra Kai displayed a skit at Valley Fest, an event that brought the community together with games and showings of whats going on in the valley. The problem was, Cobra Kai interrupted MIyagi-Do's presentation and stirred the pot even more.

Right now, Chris was at his lesson in the front row, listening to Johnny's lecture.

"Time to see what you're made of." The blonde man walked through the rows, walking over to a bigger man in a blue shirt. "Sorry, parents can't stay for class, it's an insurance thing."

"I- I'm not a dad.. I am here to kick some ass, sir!" The man responded, avoiding eye contact with Johnny.

"Do I know you from somewhere?"

"Oh yeah, I sold you the mirror. We kind of bonded.. talked about rock bands."

"You're a little old. This is a class foe teenagers."

"Well I.. I can take them." The guy chuckled with insecurity, and Chris had to look away since he could see Hawk's grin. "Not afraid of kids, sir. And my mom doesn't charge me rent, so I got a lot of cash to burn." He took out a bill from his chest pocket.

Johnny quickly snatched it from his hand. "Consider this a trial run." He walked back to the front. "I thought my last group of recruits were pathetic; but if you tell do what I tell you to do, you at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you got to fight." Johnny looked around. "So. Who has the balls to take on the champ?"

Everyone stayed quiet, until a girl appeared from behind two kids. "I'll take him on." Her hair was in a high ponytail, and she was wearing a crop top hoodie with leggings.

"Oh you will, huh?" Johnny taunted.

"I saw your little demo at valley fest. You guys can put on a show, but can you actually fight?"

"That sounds like a challenge."

"I like a challenge."

"Mr Diaz. Show little miss hotshot here what Cobra Kai is all about." Johnny turned to Miguel, while everyone else cleared a space for them.

Miguel sighed. "Look, are you sure that you really wanna d-"

The girl didn't let him continue, as she kicked him in the chest. Miguel stumbled back and chuckled, before getting into a fighting stance. "Alright. Game on."

Surprisingly, she actually kept up with Miguel, except he could anticipate her attacks before she sent them.

"Close the gap." Miguel ordered and the girl ran at him, but he grabbed her first and threw her to the ground. Quickly she flipped on her back and got back up.

"She's better than that." Chris whispered over to Aisha. "I just know it."

After they had both gotten each other on the ground, Miguel jumped up and stuck his hand out. "Name's Miguel."

"Tory." The girl replied, before grabbing his hand and flipping him over her shoulder, making the boy grunt out in pain. She held his arm in an uncomfortable position and put a hand on his face, making sure he stayed put. "With a 'y'."