THREE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 :
WORST ROAD TRIP EVER

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IN THE VAULT, Brynn hadn't ever had as much pain as she did in the current moment. Sure, she had broken her right arm a few times (a bad trip down the stairs and a slip-up in gym class) but it hadn't been as scalding as the gunshot that was surely in her wounds.

Brynn thought she was dead, that her wounds had killed her. Her beating heart said otherwise.

She awoke with a gasp, her hands moving to her wound. A hand grasped hers before they could reach the injury causing her to look down. She froze. The Ghoul from before was standing there, staring down at her with annoyed eyes. There was a moment of silence, both of them simply staring at each other.

"I'm not dead?" She blurted.

"Nope." His southern drawl trailed off, turning into a rasp. After sharing eye contact for a few seconds, Brynn ripped her hands away. Slowly, she began to sit up, but again he grasped her to slow her down. "I'd be slow," He advised, sounding exhausted by her movements, "the stimpak may not be finished yet."

Brynn scanned the room, finding herself on a table in the middle of the store she had lost consciousness in. It was just her and the Ghoul, "...Where's my sister?" She questioned.

The man took in a deep breath, "I was hopin' you could tell me."

The two shared a challenging stare-off as Brynn continued, "Where's my gun?"

"Quick to your weapon." The Ghoul nodded, "I can respect that, but I ain't givin' it to you."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "Why not?"

"You'll just shoot me again." He spoke as though it was obvious.

Brynn scoffed, remembering the dart she wasted earlier, "Wouldn't do anything."

"It'll still be annoying. And a waste of ammunition."

The girl was distracted, ignoring his words as she blurted, "Did you save me?"

The Ghoul looked around at the empty store, "Who else do you see could've done it?"

She scanned the room again for anyone she could have missed, but only found a canine on the ground, laying limp with slow breaths. "The dog." She blurted before thinking of the logistics.

The man deadpanned at her, "The fuckin' dog didn't drag your ass onto that table and give you a stimpak."

"Did you give the dog one too?" Brynn inquired, noticing that the stab wound on its side was mostly healed by now.

Ghoul watched her for a few seconds, "You ask a lot of questions."

"You've been giving a lot of answers." The man rolled his eyes, realizing he'd been indulging in her curiosity. "What's your name?"

"My name?" The Ghoul echoed.

"Yeah. I'm Brynn." She stuck her hand out for a handshake. She had accidentally used the arm that her shoulder was shot in, but it felt good as new, so she figured the stimpak must have been finished. But she wondered if he had taken the bullet out or if he had let it heal inside her. Surely he didn't care enough to properly heal her.