one

season one episode one "pilot"

"pilot"

maxine first week in Texas wasn't as she expected it to be. firstly, they(her, tk and their dad own) drove instead of taking a plane, the first stop they made was to the abandoned fire station called the 126. Maxine couldn't remember what happened, she just remember her father saying it was an explosion accident and lots of people lost their life that day.

the three strands decided to walk around the station. the flower grave on the side of the building was starting to grow old and smell. Maxine stopped over there and paid her respects, by sending a thoughtful prayer to God, before following her family into the abandoned station.

cold air sent chills down the girls spine, once she walked into the dark colden room. she quickly placed her warm hands on her arms. there was dust and spider webs everywhere. the brunette with blonde highlights looked around. she noticed a coffee mug on a table, old firefighter uniforms, and old gym equipment.

she couldn't help but think of her friends from the 118. it's been over two weeks since she last spoked to them. not like she was ignoring them, the girl would never do that. it's just her busy schedule never fitted with theirs, and the two hour time difference was making it any better either.

"this place is exactly like it was, the night the call came in." her father commented, knocking maxine out of her thoughts. "they shuttered it the next day."

"it's like a tomb." T.K replied.

"it looks kind of creepy." maxine mumbled to herself.

Owen, and T.K, walked closer into the room, while maxine stayed closer to the exit. "Dad, tell them you changed your mind. we—" he paused for a second and took a look at Maxine, then back at the room, avoiding eye contact with his dad. "we don't belong here."

owen looked at his son. "we were invited here." T.K, rolled his eyes. "yeah, not by anyone grieving the loss of those men. I mean, they're not even ready to get rid of the dead flowers on the side walk. and now what? some city slickers gone come in here, and scold them on how they're doing life all wrong?" the younger man stuffed his hand into his pocket.

the older man rolled his eyes. "city slicker?" he repeated with a smile.

"an outsider, a stranger." he rephrased his words.

Maxine sighed and walked over towards the two. "T's got a point, dad."

Owen sighed and looked at his two kids. "Sometimes it takes an outsider. someone they can blame, and possibly hate."