🌱 Chapter One: The Southern Forest 🌱

The bright sun gleams overhead as a she-wolf trots across the dead leaves and foliage in an overgrown forest. Her paws steadily and silently gliding over the forest floor, she begins crossing a river, small ripples spreading across the surface whenever she takes a step. She suddenly halts, her paws scuffling across a twig. 

She holds her breath. Will the deer notice? She thinks to herself, her bright green eyes and light cream and white undercoat blending into trees. She may as well just be another twig with two leaves.

To a deer , that is. 

Turns out that she'd been tracking a large (and delicious looking!) herd of deer for around three days, waiting for a chance to strike. 

Unfortunately for Wren, patience was NOT her strong suit. 

A fawn looked up from her blissful feeding, taking a moment to stare into the trees before bouncing back to her mother with an indignant squeak.

The she-wolf's shoulders relaxed slightly, and she continued crawling closer towards the herd for a better look.

Of course, that was the moment when a twig snapped (loudly, I may add), causing the entire herd to turn up their heads in sync, as though they'd been preparing for that moment their entire lives

And, cue the loud alarm calls and frantic stampeding.

Wren let out a frustrated growl, taking a moment to look down at the offending twig, before realising that she hadn't been the one who stepped on something.

She began sprinting at that moment, sending her carefully thought-out plan into the abyss.

Eventually, she managed to catch a young doe, taking it out with a clean bite.

And yet, even after her success, only one thought ran across her mind:

Who stamped on that twig?

There was also one more ominous one, that made her feel the chills, 

What if someone's following me?