Chapter 2 // Sam

I stare at the photos on the Beamer. They're disturbing images of what the cartel has done to their enemies.

"Now it's more than important to stop El Sin Nombre. We are getting backup from a UK and US Task Force, their target seems to have team up with ours." Colonel Alejandro explains.

A American Task Force? Damn, we must be really desperate.

"That's all. Dismissed."

I get my ass up the chair and make my way back into my room. Riley is slumbering next to my bed. Such a great working and guard dog, always on guard. I snicker to myself. Riley opens his eyes but decides not to bother to get up.

I take a quick shower, which I need desperately after my morning run. When I get out Riley is still deeply sleeping. After putting on clothes, a black top and sweatpants, I refill the German Shepherd's Water and Food. That's when he opens his eyes again, still not bothered enough to get up. Lazy motherfucker.

I stick my gun in the back of my waistband and throw a dark blue sweater on. At least one of my pieces has to be something else but black. Combined with some random sneaker, I call it a day and make my way out the barracks and out the base. It's been months since I had a good party, and I'm craving seeing different faces instead of my colleagues. I heard of a club in Las Alamos, not a good idea I know, but that's what the gun is for.

Half a hour after arriving, and six shots of vodka, I'm sitting in a corner, not a single thought in my brain. Picking up another frie I put it in my mouth and chew, flushing it down it Hugo. That's when I feel eyes on me. My gaze follows the feeling and land on a pair of brown eyes. Pretty eyes. I know those eyes. it's the lovely, and hot, lady from the caffe.

She stalks to me, a grin on her face. At least that's what I think, my sight is a little burry already. Sitting down next to me, she speaks; "hey there, Pretty."

I lay my head on my knees and look at her. Hopefully she thinks I am too drunk to answer and doesn't suspect its because Im nervous as fuck.

"You're pretty" I whisper suddenly. Yeah, drunk as fuck.

She chuckles, "Thank you, Love. you're pretty too."

Despite my efforts my cheeks warm up. Trying to distract her from it I offer her my fries. "Want some?" I ask.

Shaking her head she declines. More for me, and I get back to snacking one ofter the other.

I feel a gentle hand playing with my hair and I look back up at her. It's wavy because I let it air dry so they curl around her finger. She smiles at me before speaking. "Want to come home with me?" she assess bluntly.

FUCK YEAH, is what I want to say. Instead I stare at her, getting even more red.

Before I can react she gets in front of me and pins me to the wall. Leaning in close, her nose touches the side of my cheek, slowly wandering higher. She whispers in my ear; "I can make you feel fuller than those fries."