Ch.17: Us Too

Cassidy's P.O.V:

The way home was quite crisp, and having the window down with my arm out didn't help, but I never mind having the cold seep in with me.

It all felt so relaxing that I didn't even notice that I was home until we started rolling down the all too familiar street.
"Oh shit, my aunt Judy is here?" I question to myself, also directing it at Wendy, who happened to be driving me home today due to Daisy wanting to rush home immediately. I told her it was fine and Wendy simply offered up a ride like the angel she is.

"Ooo wow. Whys that?" She responded, and I gave a light shrug.
"She could be picking up the kids or something, or maybe just dropping something off, I don't really know." My confusion doesn't cease, so I decide to say my goodbyes and be on my way.

"Well, I guess I'll find out for myself then. Thanks for being awesome, as per usual." I tell her, poking her exposed, cold, pink cheek.

"I'm always happy to give a ride." She says with her shining teeth showing.

"Don't forget you gotta keep spilling about your new 'girl-friend' later." I point at her before swinging the door out to the right. "Ok, I won't. Don't worry." She reaches her pinky out, offering for me to attach mine. I do of course, sealing her word in place, making me feel confident enough to leave without worry.

"Bye Wendy!" I wave off as her car starts drifting away.

For a moment before walking up to my door my head shifts to Olivia's house.
The window curtain to her room were opened up showing her outline leaning in front of her mirror, it was as if she was getting ready for a party or something.

My interest was piqued quickly, but I decide it's best to ignore until I figured out why my aunt was here.

So begrudgingly, I ripped my head from her window and point it to my door.

I'm about to knock on it, but just before I can it opens. "Good evening Cassidy." Aunt Judy says quite formally.
"Hey uh, what's going on." I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh I'm kind of on door duty while your mom cooks and all." She explains, opening it wider to let me in with her.
"Oh I didn't know we were having you over for dinner but it sounds great." I smile walking through, past her and toward the heavenly smells coming from the kitchen.

"Did your mom not tell you what's happening tonight?" She suddenly asks, causing me to stop dead in my tracks.

"Uh. No. Why, what's happening tonight?"

"Daisy's mom is gonna be here soon.. we're all gonna talk... If you know what I mean." She slowly says, making my jaw drop further with each word that slipped through.

"Oh......."

Wow.. wait. Is this actually happening right now? I didn't expect to...

"I know. But this did have to happen sooner or later right?" She responds to my expected response adequately.

"Yeah I mean.. you're right. I just wasn't expecting this right now right now." I utter while shaking my head as I slowly start walking toward the kitchen again.

"It'll be okay though right? You guys are all close and civil enough, it can't be that bad." She says in more of a hope than assurance. Fortunately I had the assurance of sleeping with Olivia, so I knew she should be fine with it. Unless she was the biggest hypocrite in the world, which I also knew wasn't true.

"Yeah I know, it'll all be fine. We just gotta get through this awkward conversation." I nod, quickening my stride. In that same moment I also consider the possibility of simply revealing it to them myself, what's been happening between me and Olivia that is.