The American Star Wreck

The SS American Star was a Cruise Ship that was built in the 30s and finished in 1939 in 1994 the SS American Star Was Beached at Playa de Garcey in Fuventara in the canary islands 14 months later or before the Cruise Ship Snapped from Pounding Waves and Heavy Winds after a few years of being beached the stern later collapsed from deteriorated enough then it fully collapsed by 2004 the bow remained.
The Photo on the Cover is the Wreck of American Star in March 1995, 14 months after running aground

The deterioration of the remains of American Star between 2005 and 2007. The stern broke off and sank in 1996, leaving only the bow section on the sandbar. Later, the ship developed a greater list to port, and the funnel detached and sank. More parts of the ship collapsed until, in 2018, the wreck was visible only during low tide.

By 2004 the bow section continued to remain upright with the water eroding away cargo hold no. 1, making the bow section extremely top heavy. In November, 2005, the port side of the bow section collapsed, which caused the liner's remains to assume a much sharper list, and the remaining funnel detached and fell into the ocean somewhere between November 13 & 15. The collapse of the port side also caused the hull to begin to break up and by October, 2006, the wreck had almost completely collapsed onto its port side.

On Approximately March 20, 2007, the starboard side finally collapsed, causing the wreck to break in half and fall into the sea.
It was noted in 2013 that the wreck was no longer visible on Google Maps. By 2018, only the bow was left visible, and only during low tide.

In 2019, extensive underwater footage was taken of the American Star's debris field by scuba divers during a period of calm seas. While the liner's hull and superstructure are now fully disintegrated, there remain recognizable chunks of the vessel half buried in the sand. Anchor chains on the forecastle and a boiler are particularly intact. The detached funnel is also intact. The wreck site is teeming with marine life