030. taboo

Bedelia is sitting at her desk and working, Spencer and JJ each at their own desks.

"Some things never change." Bedelia looks up at the familiar voice, grinning when she spots Emily.

"Emily!" The brunette squeals, quickly getting up.

"Hey, you!" JJ greets.

"Hi." Emily smiles. JJ loudly kisses Emily on the cheek.

"Ah!" Bedelia brightly grins at her friend, pulling her into a short but tight hug.

"Welcome back!" Spencer exclaims, Emily letting out a yell as he hugs her. "Donuts? Wait, did you happen to get--" He takes the box from Emily.

"Chocolate frosted with sprinkles?" Emily asks. "Yes. How could I forget your favorite?" She laughs.

Spencer opens the box and takes one of said donuts out, biting into it.

"Oh, I knew you were my favorite." Bedelia says.

"Hey." Spencer and JJ both frown.

"Favorite... platonic person." Bedelia tells her husband. "Favorite... raven haired person." She tells JJ. "Yeah, sure." She nods to solidify her answer as she grabs a donut before Spencer gives JJ the box.

"It is so great to see you." JJ says, getting a donut out. "Even if it's only temporary."

"Well, when Hotch told me the director tapped him for special assignment, I wanted to help out. More so when he said you guys still have escaped serial killers you have to catch, on top of your normal caseload?"

"Lewis is going to be sorry she missed you." Spencer says.

"Oh, yeah, me, too." Emily frowns, going to put her bag down.

"That's actually Luke Alvez's desk." Spencer informs.

"Really? It looks empty." Emily comments, putting her bag on the next desk.

"Uh, well, he travels light." JJ says, putting the donut box on her desk.

"Garcia said he was ex-Army." Emily says. "Came over from fugitive taskforce?"

"Yeah, you're gonna like him." Spencer says.

"You know, the lack of personal effects on his desk could stem from his days as a fugitive hunter." Emily says, sitting on Luke's desk. "He probably felt like he was never one place long enough to dig in. I mean, no family photos, no significant others."

Bedelia smirks when Luke walks into the bullpen. He nods, going to greet them, but his attention gets diverted to Emily as she proceeds to profile him.

"Not even a plant to over water." Emily says as Spencer motions for her to cut it out, but she's not looking at the trio. Bedelia quietly giggles, biting into her donut to muffle her laugh. "I mean, this Alvez could be a real loner type." Luke stands behind Emily.

"Somebody could have done a real number on this guy. An ex, maybe." Emily says. Spencer attempts to clear his throat. "I mean, no doubt the Army taught him order and discipline, but a desk like this could mean he has commitment issues."

Emily finally looks at the three, seeing their expressions.

"He's behind me right now, isn't he?" She asks. JJ winces and nods.

"Oh, yeah." Bedelia grins and nods.

"Luke Alvez, meet Emily Prentiss." Spencer smiles. Emily stands up, turning to him.

"Hey." Emily awkwardly greets. "Nice to meet you." She shakes his hand.

"Hey." He greets.

"Emily used to be part of our team, and now she's the unit chief for Interpol in London." Spencer informs.