Chapter 1

Hot shot is a playful and active five year old. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. They even have a 10 month old Dalmatian puppy named Fireplug. They all live in Fort Worth Texas.

Heatwave his father is a firefighter. He is a very brave and strong man. He does a good job as a firefighter and helped save many lives. He is good man and loves and protects his family. He taught Hot shot about fire safety. He loves his wife and son very much.

Quickshadow his mother is a stay at home mom. Before Hot shot was born she worked at a big business. She decided to stay home and take care of Hot shot once he was born. Quickshadow does a good job at taking care of Hot shot and the house. She is a good and loving person who takes care of her family. She loves her husband and son with all of her heart.

Hot shot is a very active child. He loves to run, jump, climb and play. He doesn't sit still for a second at times. But he knows there are times to be still and he does a good job at being still for it. Hot shot loves to spend time with his family. Hot shot also enjoyed be able to run around outside. He loved to play on his playset. The playset was built by a good friend of his father. Hot shot loved to ride his trike but he hoped to get a big boy bike soon. He mostly wanted a big boy bike because he felt he was ready for one and also he noticed his trike getting smaller. Hot shot also loved to play with Fireplug a lot. Hot shot would also eating his lunch and have snacks with Fireplug. He would sit and watch TV with Fireplug. He would run around outside with Fireplug. He would help his mother take Fireplug for walks. He would even make pictures of him and Fireplug together. Both Hot shot and Fireplug were close. Hot shot loved to be happy and be with his loved ones. Hot shot also is good boy with a big heart. He was going to be starting Kindergarten in the fall.

There were other relatives. There were his grandparents on his father's side who he calls Pawpaw and Granny who live in Portland Maine. There were his grandparents on his mother's side who he calls Grandad and Grandmum who live in London England. There was his Aunt Hightemp and Uncle Blazestrike and three cousins on his father's side. His uncle Murray on his mother's side. Hot shot loves to spend time with them too. They are all a very close family.

There were a few close family friends too. Blades, Chase and Boulder were very close friends of Heatwave's. Heatwave has known them since he was a young boy. Not much older than Hot shot in fact. They were close to the family and spent time with the family. Hot shot called them his uncles out of affection.

Hot shot is a very healthy child. Hot shot sometimes gets a few bumps, cuts, scrapes and bruises, but that was normal for an active child like Hot shot. Hot shot rarely ever got sick but whenever he did get sick he got over it rather quickly. Hot shot never had been to the ER or hospital. Hot shot was just an all around perfectly healthy child. His parents were so happy to have such a healthy child.

However soon things can change. Things were going to change and it wasn't going to be easy. It was going to be one of those times when you depend on each other and friends and family the most. 

It was early May when it started. Hot shot was waking up that morning. He woke up and stretched. Fireplug woke up too he normally sleeps in Hot shot's room. He has his own bed looks just like a firetruck much like Hot shot's bed. Quickshadow sewed it together herself she took some memory foam and sewed a fleece cover over it with a zipper that looked just like a firetruck. Fireplug was very comfortable on it. Though sometimes he would curl up in bed with Hot shot. Fireplug sometimes even slept in Heatwave and Quickshadow's room and curl up with them. He came up nosed Hot shot's face. "Good morning Fireplug," Hot shot said petting him. Hot shot then felt a sharp pain coming from his head. "Ouch!" he said holding his head. "That hurts," he said. His head was hurting a lot. He got out of bed and came into the kitchen and Fireplug followed him.