15. In love

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲, 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰?"

You once again found yourself getting ready for bed the second you got home from the exhausting dinner. It wasn't that your friends were tiring, but social events always managed to drain you in a way nothing else could. 

This time around, you were just about to put in a lazy bun to sleep in when the doorbell rang. As you made your way over to the door, you rolled your eyes. It was far too late for anyone to be at your door. Nobody even had a reason to be at your door around midnight.

The dinner had lasted much longer than you expected it to. When the group suggested you guys should go out for drinks, it almost felt impossible to say no. Even though you had offered to stay sober for Emily, they almost immediately insisted on you being the one to drink. It barely took a second before you accepted their offer.

You wanted to forget about everything and everyone, and alcohol seemed like the perfect solution. That had been a few hours earlier in the night, and you were already regretting your call to drink, as you already felt a headache coming up.

After quickly checking your reflection in the large mirror positioned next to the coat rack, your hand made its way to the doorknob, opening the door for whoever might be on the other side of the front door. 

The second your eyes met theirs, your gut filled with an instant feeling of regret, wishing you had never opened the door in the first place. The look in Bella's eyes proved they were here for a reason, causing you to shut the door after a form of silence had started to build up between the two of you in a matter of seconds.

As you were about to fully close the door, a hand blocked your way. The brunette fully opened the door again, this time ready to speak up. Your name fell from their mouth, causing your hand to freeze, unable to close the door again as you stared at them, the expectations building up in your head.

"Look," They let out a long, audible sigh, still preparing themself for what they were about to say to you. "I don't know why you've been acting so different these past few days, but I don't think either of us should care about what anyone else says or thinks." Bella bites the inside of their cheeck while searching your face for a readable expression.

When they find nothing, they continue talking. "Because I like you. I really, really like you." The brunette admitted as they were fiddling with their hands in an attempt to distract themself from what was going on.

After a few seconds of silence, Bella looked up at you, meeting your eyes for the second time. It seemed as if they were scared of talking about whatever was coming next, the look of nerves in their eyes visibly growing. "Did I scare you away? Was it something I said? Because you can't just kiss me like that, and expect me to act casual about it. You said it yourself, this is more than a fling."