The Shining Beacon Pt 2

Rayelle was tossing and turning in her sleep.

Nightmare

Rayelle groans in pain as she is thrown back onto the ground by a shadow.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?"

"That's for me to know and for you too dot dot dot..." The shadow said

Rayelle screams before the darkness consumed her

End of Nightmare

Rayelle gasps in fright as she wakes up, she takes a shaky breath trying to calm himself down. She got up from his bed and started pulling on his outfit, deciding that she wouldn't be getting anymore sleep.

She turned the corner and walked into someone, knocking her backwards.

"Good morning Ms. Branwen. What are you doing up so early? Initiation doesn't start for at least another two hours." Ozpin asked as he helped Rayelle up from the ground.

"Uh, morning professor. I didn't sleep well. So I decided to tour the halls." She explained as Ozpin smiled.

"No harm done. If I might say, your eyes changed color. Red, that means you're angry, am I correct?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

Rayelle blinked a couple of times as she stood surprised.

"It's complicated whenever I'm scared or worried. How did you even know?" She asked

"Qrow has talked about you often in between his missions. I was intrigued by the idea of your eyes reflecting certain emotions. Care for a cup of coffee? I was on my way to get a fresh cup." He motioned over Rayelle's shoulder, pointing in the direction of the cafeteria.

.................................

Ruby and Jaune enter Beacon Academy's giant auditorium, filled to the brim with people. Ruby looks over when she hears Yang's voice.

"Ruby! El! Over here! I saved you guys a spot!" Yang waved

"Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! We'll see you after the ceremony!" Ruby said and they leave

"Catch you later Jaune!" Rayelle said

"Hey, wait!" Jaune sighs, "Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!" He moves on to reveal Pyrrha standing behind him, hand on her hips as she watches him walk away.

Once Rayelle and Ruby joined her, Yang's arms crossed, "How's your first day going, little sister?"

"You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?" Ruby asked

"Yikes! Meltdown already?" Yang asked

"No, she literally exploded a hole in front of the school!" Rayelle said

"And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?" Ruby said

Yang smiles broadly, "Are you being sarcastic?"

Ruby scoffs as the camera pans around to reveal Weiss right next to her, "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!"

"You!" Weiss yelled

Ruby quickly jumps into her sister's arms, "Oh, God, it's happening again!"

"You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!" Weiss yelled

"Oh my God, you really exploded." Yang deadpanned

"It was an accident." Ruby said getting down and turning to Weiss, "It was an accident!"