Chapter 1: A Terrible Fate

It was a beautiful day on the Great Barrier Reef. Two boys named Martin and Chris, best known as The Kratt Brothers, were looking at a pair of 2 clownfish caring for their eggs. 

"We have to take a closer look at those clownfish and find out more about them." Chris said to his older brother, Martin. "I have just the thing." began Martin. "We can use the minaturizer!"

The brothers took out the minaturizer and hopped on it to shrink themselves.

"Yes!" exclaimed Chris. "Now we can check out our clownfish buddies." 

Chris and Martin saw the clownfish look at their eggs. Once the clownfish left the grotto, Chris went in to scan the eggs.

 Once the clownfish left the grotto, Chris went in to scan the eggs

"Yep. The eggs are perfectly healthy." Chris said.

"Aww! They look cute!" Martin exclaimed. "I sure hope nothing happens to them.

All of a sudden, a barracuda was looking right at the Kratt Brothers. 

The barracuda charged at the Kratt Brothers, but they dodged just in time and hid in a sea sponge

Later that evening, the brothers woke up to silence and came out of their hiding place.

" I hope our clownfish buddies are okay." Martin wondered. 

"Let's go check on them." said Chris.

The brothers swam to the grotto only to find that eggs are gone. Chris and Martin grieved and lost all hope until they saw a male clownfish crying. Martin slowly swam towards the clownfish. 

"Hey buddy, are you alright?" Martin asked.

Amazingly, the clownfish started talking! 

"N-no. I lost my wife and all my children." the clownfish said to Martin. 

While, Martin was comforting the clownfish, Chris spotted a red speck. It was a single egg. 

"Not all your children are gone. Look!" Chris said to the clownfish. 

"I never did get your names." the clownfish said to Martin.

"Oh, I'm Martin, and this is my brother, Chris." Martin answered.

"Pleasure to meet you." said the clownfish. "My name is Marlin."

Once, they found the egg, Chris scanned it. 

"It has a small crack, but it's still alive." Chris said, heartwarmingly.

Marlin cradled the egg in his fin. 

"I promise, I will never let anything happen to you...." he paused then called the egg by name, "...Nemo."