Dream a Little Dream of Me

This is dedicated to the ones I love. 
I could be satisfied knowing you love me...

There is something I want to do, especially for YOU. And it's something that everybody needs 🫠

Every day, Saoirse would wait for Joseph Merrick wake up and walk after him like a little faithful dog. And the other day would be the same. She would talk to him in earnest, and his silence would be even more festive. He was happy just to hear her voice.

Somehow, she knew he was happy around her. Sometimes in the morning, she would wake up as if something inside her had changed. She'd touch her face lightly, looking in the mirror. Touch her lips and close her eyes...

 Touch her lips and close her eyes

Oh, no...

Although she had never felt like that before, she knew what it was. She knew it, and it was dangerous.

This time, she dared to blush. Even her green eyes reflected brighter in the mirror that morning...

She should tell him. She would tell him!

Flushed, running to his cottage while shouting his name and almost tripping and rolling on the grass, she decided to wake him up. Saoirse banged on his door...

But he didn't answer. Saoirse decided to peek inside. What if he was dead?

No. Dead, he wasn't. He just wasn't there. Well. The Red decided to go home. Joseph was probably there, talking to her father.

Except that was not his usual behavior. Heart thumping madly, Saoirse called for her father, who answered her promptly.

"Dad, um... where's Mr. Merrick?"

"Oh!" he exclaimed, slapping his forehead as if he had forgotten something. Giving her a letter, saying it was from Mr. Merrick. It read:

"Dear Little Red, thank you for everything. I enclosed in this letter a flower that always reminds me of your eyes. I'll never forget you.

Joseph"

"He left??" Saoirse asked, appalled.

"Now, Saoirse, none of that," complained Mr. Brennan. "You two seemed joined at the hips, and you know, people talk. After all, you may even forget, but he's a man."

That comment only reminded her that once she had forgotten, yes. But it was high time she stopped being confused.

"But-- but he didn't even say good-bye!" she was practically screeching.

"Now, you listen to me, Saoirse. No more of this subject. You should see if your mom needs something. Off you go!"

And she left, giving a loud snort.

888

"Dear mom and dad. Please don't hate me. I have to go after the one I love. I know you'd do the same. Love,
S."