Chapter One~ It Strikes Again.

Lora on the Side. ^-^ Just Imagine her with Pirecing Blue eyes. xDD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lora’s POV.

  I swept through the never ending trees, that just swung back and hit me in the face. Kinda like life. If was ironic really, because when I was little, I used to walk around these forests with my mum, I can Remember one of the conversations we had one of those days.

   “Lora. These trees help things grow. They are like little hospitals for plants. They bring Life. No one knows about these trees, but you and me. Can you keep them a secret?” She asked, her voice filled with warmth and gentleness.  “Yes Mummy! You can count on me!” I said, saluting her.

  The trees were a purple-ish green colour, with hanging braches that tapped the ground with their leaves. Mum said they brought life. But they didn’t. They took it. The trees brought devastation to the little forest surrounding our home.

   In one spring, about a year ago, my mother disappeared. I was so upset, that I ran into the forest. It took me a while to see the long bumpy line of blood trailing along the ground. That’s when I found her. Mum. She was hanging upside down from a branch, blood dripping scarlet below her. I screamed, It was a bloodcurdling scream. I collapsed to the ground with exhaustion.

    It took several days for someone to find me. That person was an older girl, about a year older than me. Her name, Lillanda. It was a strange name, Even I have to admit that. But it suited her. Her hair was the colour of twinkling gold, and her eyes were the colour of spring ready Lavender, bright and concerned, when I first saw her. She took me away from my mother, kicking and screaming. I kicked her in the shoulder so hard, my shoe cut into her. She had to have ten stiches after that. I will never forgive myself for doing that. After all, It was only a year ago.

   I was Seventeen when are this happened, I acted like such a lost child. But I was. I had no one now. Mother had always been a single mother, I never even met my father, because he fled when he found out Mum was pregnant. I was an Accident. I made me sick hearing that word. Accident. Nothing is ever an accident; everything is here for a reason, good or bad.

   Apparently, I got my father’s eyes. My eyes were about the brightest blue I had even seen. Brighter than fluorescent.  The only problem with that was that I was always the one to get caught first, I was the one with the alluring eyes. What made my eyes stand out more than anything is inky black hair. It curls in simple cute ringlets down my back, and I normally have a midnight blue ribbon tied around the back of it. I looked younger than most Eighteen year olds, Did I Mind? No. I liked being Different.

   Anyway, I was still running, tripping occasionally on the roots of the evil trees. The fog had built up around me, making it almost impossible to see. I screamed as I fell head over heels into a puddle. But this wasn’t an accident. I saw the root of the tree lift itself up, making me fall. These trees wanted my family dead. For whatever reason. I just don’t know why they didn’t get me sometime last year. When they took mum.

   I had been staying in Lillanda’s house for the past year, on the outside of the forest, so I guess it was harder to find me. But Lillanda was missing now, and that was the only thing on my mind. I couldn’t lose someone who was like a sister to me. I scrambled up from the puddle, kicking mud back as I ran.

  I guess the trees wanted to hurt me as much as they could, by taking those who I cared about the most, letting me suffer. The only sign I knew where I was going was the trail of blood. It was haunting me, this blood. I knew I would be too late, I was with mum. I cried as I ran, the tears still in their tear form as they flew off my face.