Chapter 1: fawn

The calico kittens gaze went through the forest, looking behind her the stench of her families rotting bodies coming from the den. A fox had broken into the den killing them, only she was still standing. Carefully traveling through the woods, being able to stay out of danger and trouble. New smells filled her nostrils as she traveled, and orange color was in the sky as the sun just started to rise. Deer pranced through the woods trying to get to cover before the hunters reached the woods. A small fawn followed it parents, before looking at the calico kit. They both exchanged glances before the fawn turned away sprinting after its parents. She blinked before turning the other way as well, running off into the woods trying to find cover. Stories of hunters filled her mind, there blood thirsty description sent a shiver down her spine. She jumped into an old rabbit set, the sent was stale. No big threat could fit through here without alerting that they were there. A safe place she could call it for now, a place were she could rest. Slowly curling up falling asleep having know knowledge of the disaster that was ahead. The pain and suffering she would had to go through again. Trying to protect everyone she ever loved.....