Time of need

Flash's POV: 

"Twilight? Are you okay?" I asked in a gentle tone. I could see that she was crying and her face was filled with tears. "Do you want me to leave you be?" I asked but she shook her head. "No, please stay with me," she said in a weak voice.

Her tears were still rolling down her face and I was very concerned. I have never seen Twilight in such a state. I took her hand and held it gently. Trying to comfort her, I gave her a soft kiss on her knuckles. "You okay?" I asked softly, hoping to get some response from her. 

Twilight took a deep breath and nodded her head. I could see that she was trying to calm down. I stayed by her side for a while longer to make sure she was feeling better. 

"Let's take a look at some songs to sing for the Musical Showcase. Or do you want to do something else?" I suggested. "Sure," she said. She wiped her tears and reached into her bag. She pulled out a white notebook. 

 "This is my songwriting book," she said, absent-mindedly twisting a strand of her hair

 "This is my songwriting book," she said, absent-mindedly twisting a strand of her hair. "We could sing songs from here, or we could sing other songs if you don't like them."

Curious, I picked up the book and flipped through its pages. As I read through the lyrics, I couldn't help but be impressed by Twilight's songwriting skills. However, as I turned the pages, I found a song with no title. The lyrics were impressive, so I pointed to the page and asked Twilight about it.

Twilight's face immediately became nervous. "Oh no!" she panicked. "That song wasn't supposed to still be there!"

"Why? What's wrong with it?" I asked. "It has incredible lyrics, and all it's missing is a title."

Twilight took a deep breath and sighed. "I wrote that song long before I became a princess, before I came to Ponyville. When I was in 3rd or 4th grade, I had these bullies who would always make fun of me, always saying that I would never be good enough, that I would always be alone."

As she spoke, tears began to well up in her eyes. "Every night, I would cry under the covers and write everything I felt in my diary. When I graduated, I made it into a song. It still doesn't have a title because I wanted to throw that song away, forget everything that has happened, and start a new chapter in life."

Twilight's voice trailed off as she wiped away a single tear that had rolled down her face. It was clear that the memory was still painful for her, even after all these years. 

My heart was heavy with guilt as I realized that my words had caused Twilight to cry once again. I couldn't bear to see her like this, so I leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips to reassure her that everything was going to be alright. Despite the weight of the situation, the moment was tender and filled with a sense of comfort and closeness.

"It's okay if you don't want to sing this song. We can sing other songs." I said softly. Twilight took a deep breath. "No, we should sing this song. It's been hiding in my book for too long. It deserves some recognition." She smiled bravely. "We just need to think of a title." I examined the lyrics. "How about 'You Say'?" I suggested. 

She grinned. "Perfect," she said. She leaned in and gave me a loving kiss on my lips. "Thank you for being by my side in my times of need," she whispered. I smiled and pushed some of her silky hair out of her face.  

"Anytime, Princess."