Prologue

synesthesia: a perceptual phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. For instance, people with synesthesia may experience colors when listening to music, see shapes when smelling certain scents, or perceive tastes when looking at words.

   ◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

In a world so dull, some people make their own. Made of colors you can't see, words you can't taste - of a wonder that could only appear in fairytales.

Mixed senses. A whimsical reality. Strokes of art at the first beat of a song.

Our world is always colorful, but to them, it's a perpetual rainbow.

Annelise's senses were her strongest feat as they were the downfall of her sanity; collecting her colors, absorbing and documenting any shade.

During her childhood, her mother wanted to dive deeper in that thing that made her feel so special as well, but gave up in encouraging it when Annelise stopped talking for a week, claiming;

'these words taste yucky'

Small Annelise resisted to any attempt of neutralizing her neverending hues, and grabbed a brush for the first time at 6 years old.

She knew she couldn't talk about her superpowers, but her drawings could.

Some strokes on a canvas and her message would still be sent.

That was all she wanted. To keep her colors, to see them, feel them and taste them - as bright green tastes sour and Thursday was terracota orange.

Her life in color was just beginning, ans she couldn't wait how much more colorful it would get.