03. hallucinate

─── 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒, 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐒

─── 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒, 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐒. They sounded so vivid, like they were surrounding her, just inches away from her ears.

They aren't real.

She reminded herself. That's right, they were just phantom noises due to her sensitive hearing and they would go away soon. Nothing that serious. Even so, it was still unpleasant to hear. She sighed.

"You okay?" you asked, suddenly turning around, your voice laced with concern.

Ashlyn blinked, momentarily perplexed. How could you sense her discomfort? You were in front of her, facing forward the entire time.

"Yeah, all good," she replied, shaking off your seemingly magical sensing powers as "things unique to [Y/n]." And to be honest, the list was growing quite long.

You were one of the first people of a kind she met. Unlike others, you genuinely wanted to get to know her better. You talked to her despite her being quiet for the most part, always including her in everything. Plus, you were extremely observant, often picking up on small details that others didn't.

You were friendly, funny, and talkative, but knew how to not overstep her boundaries.

Without your encouragement, she probably wouldn't even be there on the field trip, surprisingly having a good time so far. The group wasn't half bad if she ignored Tyler's constant irritated tone and Aiden's shenanigans, which were still happening while everyone toured the Sorrel Weed House.

Ashlyn watched in slight amusement as you tugged on the back of Aiden's shirt, dragging him away from a random door he was peeking through and to the next room. It was the office, decorated with a desk and many books.

The woman rambled on about some guy named Robert. E. Lee who Ashlyn couldn't give a crap about.

"As far as scary activity goes, this room is deemed the most calm," the lady mentioned. "Not to say there isn't any paranormal activity in here, but it's pretty mild compared to the rest--"

RING! RING RING!

"Ah..." she reached for her phone. "I'm so sorry, this is an emergency call. I have to take this. You can keep looking around if you want, but don't touch anything."

With that, her black locks of her flew to the side as she whizzed away.

"Sure is profressional," Tyler grumbled.

Logan looked worried. "I-I don't think that's professional..."

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh."