chapter 3 ~ the start of it

The short male's glare pierces through Ajax, his voice sharp and cold.

"What do you think you're going to do with my bestfriend? Don't get your hopes up because she's being all 'touchy-touchy' with you. She does that with everybody, both her guy and girl friends."

Ajax glares back slightly, holding back harsh words towards Scaramouche.

"I don't plan to 'do' anything with Y/N. I don't understand why you're so protective over her, she's her own person who's allowed to do whatever she wants. Both you and Xiao are like this, I get that you two are so close to her but that doesn't mean she can't have a new friend."

"Tch. I'm only warning you, she's not going to reciprocate whatever feelings you have for her."

Ajax only rolls his eyes, quickly going to his room. As he walks into his room, he is immediately met with nausea. He runs to his bathroom but, instead of normal vomit, he threw up flower petals? Uh oh.

Ajax only knows of this symptom because Zhongli reads random books on random topics. His whole insides hurt, he almost passes out after he gets out of the bathroom. Ajax plops down on his bed, still coughing up flower petals occasionally.

He gets out his phone and searches symptoms of the hanahaki disease.
He searches through a few websites, eventually finding this:

Ajax thinks for a second.. >surgery? I don't want surgery.. nor do I want to stop liking her.. wait, do I like her?<
Ajax is perplexed. How can he not understand his own feelings?

Just then, snapping him out of his thoughts, Scaramouche barges into his room. He's still glaring except, this time, his tone is softer than usual.

"Dumbass, why are you not sleeping right now? We have class tomorrow. You're gonna be hella tired and then you're not going to be able to see your precious Y/N."

Scaramouche rolls his eyes when he says that last sentence, obviously saying it sarcastically. Ajax just stares at him, then saying softly.

"Kay. 'Night then. Or, how do you say it in your language? Oyasumi."

Scaramouche just clicks his tongue before closing Ajax's door, going to his own room. Ajax lies down on his bed, sighing and thinking. Could he just be overthinking this whole thing?