Chapter 1

Glued to the screen, I play the game aggressively, already ensnared by the games addiction grip. I had no life so I played games all day, turning me into a burden in my home. My room reeks cigarettes, littered with used cigarettes and trash.

My father warned me earlier to get my act together and stop playing addictive games, but I fall on deaf ears as I continued to indulge my addiction. As I play the game, I heard a loud foot step coming in to my room and suddenly, someone storms into my room. It was my father. His angry eyes meet mine, and he look at my computer, confirming my late night gaming.

He shouts my name, expressing his exasperation "SKYLAR! YOU'RE REALLY TESTING MY PATIENCE, HUH YOU BRAT!" out of anger, my father smashed my computer infront of me using his bare hands. I want to appear unfazed, but inside, I'm trembling with fear. I stay silent, not wanting to make things go worse. He went to the door but before he left my room, he said angrily "IF YOU WANT TO RUN AWAY, THEN GO! IF YOU WANT KILL YOURSELF, THEN DO IT! and he close the door loudly and left. As he leaves, his harsh word linger in the air, leaving me silent in tears.

I wasn't always like this. I was once a normal boy name Skylar Miller, I was showered with love and gifts by my parents. But everything changed when I met Zia at 16. She became everything to me, leading me down a path of skipping class and picking up bad habits to impress her. But even after she left , I couldn't let go.

Skipping class turned me into a drop out high schooler. I've gain a habit of smoking, drinking, and hanging out with the wrong crowd. Despite my parents' efforts, I kept falling back into old patterns. I tried therapy, but it didn't stick. Eventually, I accepted that this was who I had become.

I have also started to go to the bar more often, and find myself on tinder to met up with someone and get laid with bunch of girls. I am aware that I have lost respect for myself, but I have accepted it.

Seeing my father finally gave up on helping me pains me. I'm lost, unsure why I've become this way. My dad, once sweet and supportive, has been pushed to his limits. I can't blame him; my life choices have led me here.