IX. ...Is trough a green road

Summary: the first obstacle in your marriage

Pairing: Cregan Stark x Fem!Targaryen Reader

Warnings: Cursing, medieval and asoif customs, arranged marriage , AGE GAP, Cregan is 12 years OLDER than reader), arranged marriage, foul language, hunt and killing of rabbits, might miss some warnings

+18, MINORS DNI

Winter is coming

Winter is coming

Those were the words of house Stark, and those words, especially this time, held a true meaning, winter was coming, the days started to grow shorter, and colder, the snow had started to stick.

The maesters had said this winter was going to be really cold, but short.

The castle was always with a lot of movement, Sara had told you that it was because they were preparing for the upcoming freezing cold.

Gathering wood, straws for the ceilings of the houses, food for the animals, food for your food, wool for coats, rabbit skins to cover the insides of the armor for the soldiers... they were all preparing for winter, and for you, it was... exciting...

It shouldn't be, you knew, but to think that this huge winter storm was coming in and you had to stay inside, to stay warm, with your husband... and your new family, it was almost exciting, even though you knew the people of town didn't think so.

But that's what the preparations were for, so everybody could have a safe winter

Winter's Town was also preparing for the arrival of the people of the country, who preferred to stay in the small city rather than face the winter alone.

Cregan was out hunting almost everyday, to gather meat that they were going to storage, after processing it with salt so it won't rot

Sara had mentioned that in normal circumstances he would leave for weeks, but this time he had rather stayed close, and she said it was because of you.

And that also made you feel excited

You wanted to prove to him that you wanted him, that you were prepared for all the duties that being a wife entailed, So you made sure to raise up very early in the morning, get dressed in your northern dress, and make yourself useful in anything you could. And Cregan wasn't the only one noticing your efforts

People of the castle and of the town were too.

You have proven to be very well versed in numbers, and rather good at talking to people, as your teachings with your father had taught you, so you soon found yourself receiving carriages from Winter's Town and also White Harbor, and making an inventory with the help of Sara of everything that was coming in, so you knew for certain the things you could count on when Winter finally came.

It was entertaining and very useful, as the maester also stood by your side and helped you.

Also you had proven yourself invaluable to him, because you knew the maester in King's Landing, and you had opened a connection between them both with letters and ravens, to make sure the tower of the maester of Winterfell could get everything and anything it needed, regarding herbs for medicine and knowledge too.