𝙰 𝚛𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

"Leaves from the vine

"Leaves from the vine... falling so slow. Like fragile tiny shells, drifting in the foam-"

"Why do you always sing that?" Meelo asked and I yelped, sending a blast of water his way.

"Don't sneak up on me like that, Meelo!" I scolded. "What are you doing in my office anyways?"

"There's a brooding lady waiting for you in the hallway. She was talking with Daddy and almost pushed him once he said you were here." Ikki called out and I raised an eyebrow.

"Brooding? Ikki, just because nobody is smiling all the time doesn't mean that-"

"Oh, I was brooding. The boy almost wet his pants." Izumi smirked and I froze.

"Fire Lord Izumi! I-I wasn't expecting you so soon!" I exclaimed and immediately bowed. "I was told you were in the City, but I just started working and-"

"Calm down, Ziah. I'm not here to talk to you about politics. Tenzin already bored me to death with it and I'm not about to do the same to you." She assured and I sighed in relief. "I just came to say hello before I left."

"You're Iroh's mom?" Ikki asked and she nodded. "Do you know that your son and Ziah-"

"Ikki!" I screamed and Jinora pushed her and Meelo out of the room. "You too, Jinora."

"Please?" She begged but I gestured to the door and she stomped away.

"Please ignore my cousins. They're demons who feed off being the center of attention, especially Meelo."

"How you've been, Ziah?" Izumi asked as I gestured for her to sit.

"I've been good. Going back home did me good, Izumi."

"You've got shine back in your eyes. And Kya said you've been training with the Avatar."

"Korra's amazing, Izumi! Her firebending can rival Lord Zuko's!"

"Now that's something I'd love to see." She chuckled. "But I'm here to talk about you, Ziah."

"If it's about why I disappeared-"

"That's between you and Iroh and I'm not getting in the middle of it. All I hope is that you two eventually talk it out and come to a conclusion you both are happy with."

"Has he... ever mentioned me after I left?" I asked, moving my chair to sit next to her.

"He has. Kya had to come to the Fire Nation once to stop him from going to the South Pole." Izumi admitted and held one of my hands. "I don't want you to torment yourself like this. You had your reasons for leaving and Iroh has to come to terms with it. You do not have to explain yourself to me as your friend... but as his mother, I need you to know the toll it took on him when he kept writing and you didn't answer."

"I didn't know he was writing until aunt Pema told me. All the letters were delivered to Air Temple Island and since I said I needed a break from everything, they didn't send the letters to the South Pole."