Chapter 39

"I'm exhausted", Spencer said throwing himself on the bed next to Olivia, they were definitely finding it hard with twins and sharing herself between Corey and Lila, "I can't remember eating dinner". "You ate with Gracie on your lap", Olivia said giggling, Lila had warmed up to sharing her parents with her younger siblings but she was still clingy, "I had mine while I was doing homework with Corey". "We had one child for six years", Spencer said and Olivia giggled, the twins and Lila were asleep and Olivia had just told Corey that he had ten minutes until the lights out, "now we have four", Olivia said. "You are the only woman who I would want four kids with", Spencer said propping himself up onto his elbow and kissing Olivia gently, she knew that she hit the jacket pot when she fell in love with with Spencer, but the icing on the cake was the family Olivia and Spencer had built, "I love you", Olivia said. "Did you talk to Coop today", Spencer asked and Olivia nodded, Alicia and Clay were appealing their sentence because of good behaviour, "I can't believe it has been four years", Olivia said sighing. "I can go to New York with Jordan to testify against Alicia's appeal", Spencer asked causing Olivia to sigh as she didn't know what to do. Olivia didn't want Spencer to go to New York for a few days and she couldn't take four kids to New York, "is it worth it baby", Olvia asked. "It's your decision but I will have to go by myself", Spencer said, Olivia understood why Jordan and Layla were testifying against Clay's domestic assault charge for the abuse he inflicted on Layla during their marriage, "Alicia isn't dangerous like Clay", Olivia said as Spencer kissed her. "Those drugs were meant for Jordan, though", Spencer said with a concerned tone, Olivia didn't know how she would live without Jordan or Spencer but at least they were able to get the evidence from Layla's house in Vegas,  "babe, it is all in the past", Olivia said. "I did tell Coop, that I don't want Alicia near our kids", Olivia said, when she mentioned this to Coop, she told Olivia it could be a part of Alicia's bail conditions, "agree, Alicia going to get a shock when she sees that we have four kids", Spencer said chuckling. "We have to tell Corey in case she approaches him", Olivia said and Spencer nodded, Corey looked so much like Spencer, that Alicia would recognize Corey even though she hadn't seen him in three years, "I'll do it myself", Spencer said as Kaitlyn started crying. "Don't wake up your brother", Olivia whispered but she and Spencer didn't make it to the nursery before Brooklyn started crying and Olivia knew that it was going to be another hour before she got to bed, "Mommy, Mommy", Lila started to call out. Olivia leaned on Spencer's chest in exhaustion, "eighteen more years and then we will have a good night's sleep", Spencer said.

"Corey, can we talk", Spencer asked his son as he walked downstairs Spencer gave him a snack, Olivia had taken Lila to dance class and the twins were sleeping. Spencer needed to talk to Corey before telling Coop about Spencer and Olivia's decision not to testify against Alicia's appeal, "you remember Alicia", Spencer began to explain. "Are you leaving us for her", Corey asked jumping to conclusions, Spencer knew that his son's biggest fear was Spencer leaving but he did give Corey every right to question Spencer, "I not going anywhere little man", Spencer replied. "But Alicia may be coming out of jail", Spencer said, he didn't know if Alicia would come back to LA but Corey needed to know if he saw her, "if you see her you need to tell someone". "She kept you away from me", Corey said going into the backyard to play with Bentley, Spencer and Olivia never explained to Corey why Alicia went to jail but he had made his judgment, "you know that I was playing football", Spencer said. "Dad are you going to coach Brookie's football team", Corey asked surprising his father with the question, Spencer assumed that he would still be working at GAU, but he would like to coach Brooklyn if he could, "we don't know if he would be interested in football", spencer replied. "Mom said that he will be", Corey said not looking at his father in the eyes, Spencer knew that Olivia had said that Brooklyn was going to take after Spencer but she also said that about Corey when he was a baby, "why is this worrying you so much Corey", Spencer asked. "You lived in New York when I was little", Corey said forcefully throwing a ball at Bentley, Spencer didn't realize that Corey was jealous of his baby brother but it made sense that he would be especially after fighting for his father's attention for three years of Corey's life, "my sisters and brother will never know what it like not having you around". "Don't blame your sisters and brother, I'm to blame", Spencer said firmly, he knew that he had every opportunity to come home sooner but Spencer got caught up in the hype of winning the Superbowl, "I'm sorry for not being there for you when you were little". "Did you really come home for me or Mom", Corey asked standing in front of his father, Spencer knew that Corey needed answers and he was going to give them to his son, "I decided to come home for you", Spencer said. "When I told Mom, she thought you deserve a proper family", Spencer explained, Olivia was still seeing Noah when Spencer decided to retire from the NFL, and even though it would have killed him not to be with Olivia, Spencer knew that Corey needed him, "I wouldn't lie to you little man". "Your brother and sisters won't see me play football", Spencer said making Corey smile, it was tough but Olivia would bring Corey to as many games as she could so Corey and Spencer would have time together, "they will only see you playing in the NFL". "Will you help me get there Dad", Corey begged his father, at that moment Spencer believed that his eldest son was serious about the NFL, "yes Corey Spencer James, we will get you to the NFL", Spencer said smiling.