Year Three: First Day

It was a very restless night just as I assumed it would be after heading back up to my dorm room. I listened to Hermione's quiet snoring till daylight peaked through the curtains.

I got up and took a long hot shower trying to clear my mind and feel better and more refreshed for the first day of classes. It hardly did anything but at least I felt clean.

Hermione and I caught up with Harry and Ron on the way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"I love Hogwarts and all but are classes really necessary?" Ron was groaning which was genuinely making Hermione a little annoyed.

"Yes Ronald. You cannot expect to come to a school of magic and be able to skip the school part." Hermione huffed and Ron kicked at something invisible.

Finn jogged up to me and tapped on my shoulder. "Hey you said you would sit by me today."

I nodded my head gesturing over at Ron. "I would love to. I do not want to hear Ron complain about having to take classes at a school for an entire meal." Ron kicked at me playfully and I laughed following Finn away.

I almost ran straight into another person. I stumbled back apologizing profusely before noticing the blonde boy standing in front of me.

"If you really want my attention that badly there are other ways to go about it." Malfoy stated while swinging his arm around Finn's shoulder.

I absolutely hated that my brother was friends with that git but I really had to just deal with it. There had to be something deep deep down in Malfoy that Finn approved of. That was the only thing keeping me from yelling at my twin for his poor choice in friends.

Finn jabbed at Malfoy's stomach laughing, "Hey that's my sister your talking about."

Draco threw up his hands innocently. "My bad my bad. I noticed the green apple in his other hand for the first time. He smirked at me one last time before taking a bite out of it and walking into the Great Hall.

I scrunched my nose at him in annoyance and Finn laughed a little.

"How are you doing this morning? I know you had a rough night."

"I'm doing better, just extremely tired." I answered Finn as we sat down at the Gryffindor table together. There was oatmeal right in front of me and I scooped some into a bowl and started eating it.

Finn started informing me on something funny one of his friends did this morning and I tried my best to look interested in what he was saying but all I could think about was that black dog haunting my dreams last night. There has to be a reason for this and I need to find out what.
__________________________________

Climbing up the stairs to the North Tower was a pain in the half and I definitely do not look forward to doing it everyday. The class at the top of the stairs was equally as useless. As third years we are required to take Divination with Professor Trelawney.

After an hour of reading tea leaves I was eager to get the heck out of the attic they called a classroom.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I were sprinting down the stairs and through the corridors to make it to transfiguration with McGonagall.

I missed her, she was one of my favorite teachers at Hogwarts. McGonagall got into a lesson about Animagi but a lot of us were still in a fever dream from Divinations.

Hardly anyone was watching her when she transformed into a orange cat right in front of us. The cat sat there and stared at us for a hot minute before transforming back into a slightly concerned McGonagall.

"Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transformation's not got applause from a class."

I blinked and then turned to Harry. Who was sitting in the back of the classroom. His ears turned slightly red when he realized almost all the eyes in the class were on him.

I raised my hand and McGonagall nodded at me.

"I'm sorry professor it's just... we just had divination and..."

"Ok which one of you is dying this year." McGonagall interrupted me.

"Uh... Harry." I responded.

McGonagall turned towards Harry with an apologetic look on her face. "You should know, Mr. Potter, the Sybill Trelawney has predicted the death of a student every year since she's arrived here and so far none of them have died yet."

My mouth twitched up in a slight smile and I bit the inside of my mouth to keep from laughing. I saw Harry visibly relax a little and so did the rest of the class.

I leaned over to Hermione who was sitting next to me. "What a fun way to greet a new class don't you think?"

Hermione gave me an amused look and then turned back to the front to listen to the rest of the lesson on Animagi.

Harry got a Grim in his tea cup during Divination and it scared the entire class. Mind you that animal could have been a donkey or a horse.

It made me think of the nightmares I had the other night of a big black dog.

Could that have been the Grim? I shook away that thought and tried my best to focus on what McGonagall was saying while counting down the minutes till the next class.